Chapter 4

Beau's P.O.V

I wake up to find Lisa snoring quite loudly next to me. I rub my eyes adjusting to the light but there is none. 

I grab my phone from under my pillow, 3am. Damn it. I won't be able to fall back asleep anytime soon with her snoring next to me.

I crawl quietly out of bed and head downstairs to get some milk. As I reach the top of the stairs I hear Elsa giggling in the living room.

I thought she was with Luke and Lucy?

I creep down the stairs but to my luck a step creaks alerting who ever is down there.

I speed up but stay quiet to find James sat in the room with her. Oh my god. James!

"James!" I greet excitedly but keep my voice hushed to a whisper.

"Beau buddy! How are you?" he grins looking happy to see me.

"I'm okay I guess. How about you?" I sit down opposite him.

"Yeah not too bad. Actually that's a lie, everything is perfect." woah, what's happened since he moved?

"I'm glad." I tell him truthfully although I wish I was in the same position as him.

"So, you're dating Lisa?" 

"Uh yeah. I guess."

"You guess? Dude, she's sleeping in your bed and from what I've heard you slept with her the first night you met her." I notice him look angry but it's like someone flipped a switch and he smiles at me raising an eyebrow. What?

"Everyone says I should move on and I'm trying." I admit. 

"Do what you think is right Beau. Daniel and Jai didn't want me to leave, I almost didn't and now look how happy I am!" he says dramatically remembering not to move his arms or he'll drop the baby.

"Thanks James I will."

"Hopefully I'll see you soon once you talk Jack around. Good luck. Here's the baby. I only popped in to see how she's doing." he chuckles passing her to me. At least I have an excuse for being down here now. "She needs her nappy changed by the way." he states. I roll my eyes but head towards the kitchen. For some weird reason they keep the nappies with the cereal. I'm not going to ask. I no longer eat cereal in this house. I'm never awake to eat cereal to be fair.

I return to the living room to find James gone. At least I'll get to see him soon. Hopefully.

James' P.O.V

Phew that was a close one. Beau almost caught us out and it would have ruined everything.

I drive off with no hesitation.

"We're so lucky he made the stairs creek." I say as I feel a weight drop off me when we're out of sight.

"I don't know what would've happened if he'd have seen me." they reply.

"I know. Everything could've kicked off there and then."

"I will come back though. That's a promise."

Beau's P.O.V

I didn't bother going back to sleep, I left Lisa asleep and looked after Elsa giving Luke and Lucy a lie in for once.

I'm still annoyed that we got called for a job and it wasn't actually a job. It was some guy telling us about Peter possibly knowing it would cause tension and upset. I just don't know what to do if Jack doesn't listen this time.

It's 9am and Jack's been up for about an hour in his office, now is my time to go in there and get him to listen and agree. I will never give up and he shouldn't either. Lydia was his flesh and blood and he's acting a lot of the time like nothing has happened, like 2 months ago he didn't have a daughter that was murdered.

He barely even acknowledges that she was even alive before. All he talks about is work, new clients and things but as soon as someone says her name all hell breaks loose. You'd swear he wanted her dead. I would never actually say that to him though. 

I approach his office, I don't bother knocking, I just walk straight in not caring what he says. He's completely distracted by what's on his computer.

I clear my throat, once he realises it's me he stands up.

"So what exactly is the plan?" Jack asks folding his arms across his chest. Now he's interested. I smirk a little, all the thoughts running through my mind are making my blood boil.

"We go and get Peter."  I say simply like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

 "As in-" he pauses waiting for me to finish.

"Kill him. Maybe torture him a bit first."

"I'm sure we can sort that out." he grins warming to my idea. "But there aren't enough of us." he states. God knows how many men Peter has now.

"We have your boys plus, Luke, Daniel, James and Jai but also my gang. The one I kept from you guys. They've offered to help." I smile.

"But James left." he says, his voice lowering.

"We can manage without him!" I reply confidently. "He left me with some details as to where he's living."

"So he can help us?"

"Of course. His uncle has a gang which James' staying with so they could help us locate him at least."

"Okay then Beau. Let's get revenge."

"Don't worry Jack, I won't stop until he's dead. That guy took the most important thing to me away and I will never forgive him for that."

"Good to hear. It's great to see you've stopped blaming yourself." he smiles and leaves me alone in the kitchen.

He's wrong. I haven't stopped blaming myself. This definitely won't make up for it but it's a start. Everyone can confidently live without having to worry about him returning.

I used to believe in forgive and forget. That ship sailed 2 months ago when that murderer ruined my life and many others but also took one away.

This is not the end.

A/N I know I updated yesterday but I wanted to get these first chapters done to warm into the fanfic:) Hopefully you liked this one! Any ideas on who James was with? Vote&Comment! Charlie xx