Chapter 17

I wake up still feeling tired from last night. I smile to myself remembering what happened. I look down to see Lydia still fast asleep on my chest.

I poke at her sides to irritate her. She frowns in her sleep and starts mumbling.

"Get. Off. Me." she says slowly and low.

"Make me." I taunt.

"I can't really." she pouts.

"Why?"

"I still can't see."

"Oh, you can take those off now." I tell her cheerfully. She sits up wrapping the blanket around herself.

"Can you take them off, I don't want to do anything wrong." worry is clear in her tone.

"Yep." I reply sitting up. She sits on my legs to give me room. I reach for the little kit the hospital gave us. I slowly pull the tape that's holding the patches off.

"If you wax my eyebrows I will kill you." her voice is serious but I can't help but laugh. I gently take off the patches but her eyes are still closed. I wipe them with the special wipes the hospital gave us just incase her eyelashes are stuck together. Something like that anyway.

"Open." hesitantly she does as I say. They're bloodshot and there's bruising all around the eye Jack hit like before. "Is it blurry?" I ask, she blinks a few times before her eyes land on mine.

"No, I can see clearly." she grins but then winces in pain. Her eyes move from my eyes and down to my chest. She smirks to herself.

"That's good. What are you staring at?"

"You're still as hot as when I left." she chuckles. I laugh lightly.

"You too." I wink. She looks down at herself wrapped in the blanket blushing.

"I love you." she leans forward pecking my lips a few times.

"I love you too. Was last night good for you? It was for me." I ask her straight faced.

"Yeah, it was perfect. Shame I couldn't see but it was amazing all the same." she laughs standing up shuffling towards the wardrobe.

"What are you doing?" I scowl in a playful way at her.

"Getting dressed."

"Aw why?" I pout getting up and dragging her away from the wardrobe.

"Let me get dressed." she complains pouting back at me and pushing against my chest to free herself.

"Why?" I say again, I love annoying her.

"Because we're engaged which means we'll be getting married which means you get to spend the rest of your life looking at this." she gestures to her body still pulling away.

"Point taken, what are your plans for today?" I ask releasing her from my grip and she stumbles forward.

"I was going to go shopping because the fridge is more or less empty and then visit my dad."

"Wrong, I will be doing that. You have been told to rest and that is what you will be doing." I tell her nodding my head towards the bed.

"But Beau.." she complains. "That's so boring!"

"I'll be as quick as I can then I'm all yours."

"So you'll do anything I want?" her eyebrows raise in hope.

"I guess so."

"Yes! See you later bitch." she teases putting on the t-shirt I'd got out for her last night which she didn't actually end up wearing.