Chapter 5

Jack's P.O.V

"Good morning everyone!" I greet as everyone gathers into my office. "So today we're travelling up to Brisbane today, first by plane and then I've hired cars for us to take the see James and his gang, well the one he's a part of anyway." everyone nods in understanding. "Pack your bags and meet here in 1 hour."

I heard many mutter "Yes boss" etc. I already packed knowing I was going to accept Beau's offer of going after Peter. I've come to the realisation that my daughter hasn't been given any justice for what happened to her so Peter needs to be taken down.

Less than an hour and everyone was already back eager to go. We ordered multiple taxis to take us so we didn't have to park our cars down by the airport. That's way too much effort and trouble.

It only takes about 2 hours on a plane which isn't too bad. We all sat together and slept most of the journey. Quite a few people were planning ways of attack. I think they've forgotten we aren't going straight to Peter. I don't know where he is and neither does anyone else.

After the plane landed we went to the car hire place and collected the cars. There are about 25 of us including my granddaughter so four cars will be plenty.

Beau gives everyone the address to put into their sat nav and I take the lead up to their own HQ. I've quite missed James, I'm happy he was able to have a fresh start and meet new people...Less messed up ones of course.

Beau's P.O.V

"Thank you Jack." I say from the passengers seat, the last time this happened we were trying to save Lydia. How time flies. Not in a good way of course. Soon this will all be over for good.

"Do we knock?" Jai asks as we stand in front of a large building. There is no obvious way of getting in until a man walks out and approaches us.

"Can I help you?" he enquires politely, his eyes glaring at everyone.

"We're looking for James Yammouni." Jack speaks up standing in front of all of us. 

"Ah, you must be Jack Mason. I've heard a lot about all of you." he grins. "Right this way." he heads back towards the building and we all follow down a lane by the side. I'm not sure why we didn't enter through the front door but I'm not asking questions. He leads us through a fire door and into a long corridor. I feel nervous but I trust James. We are sent into what looks like a reception area. "Speak to Miss Hawkins." he points towards what looks like the receptionist.

"Hello, how may I help." she smiles, her hands hovering above her computer keyboard.

"We'd like to speak with James. James Yammouni." Jack tells her.

"He's a little busy at the moment I'm afraid-"

"It's to do with Peter. Could you at least tell him that?" I plead interrupting what Jack was going to say.

"Of course. Excuse me a second. Please take a seat." and she leaves the room through a door which leads up some stairs. 

I sit myself down and everyone else follows. The room is tense and quiet but calm.

A few minutes later the receptionist returns. 

"He's just finishing having a shower then he'll be down. Do you mind waiting? My boss wants to speak with you too." she informs us and swiftly goes back to her desk not allowing us to answer. She's very professional to be fair.

Almost as soon as she sits down a man of about 50 walks in. He looks a bit like James but older.

"How was your flight?" he randomly asks. A few people murmur "okays" and "not too bads" then go silent again. "I forgot to introduce myself, I'm James' uncle, Michael Yammouni. What a pleasure to have you all here!" he smiles. It looks genuine which is kind of creepy. He doesn't even know us, on a personal level anyway.

"Nice to meet you." Jack shakes his hand then stands to show his authority. Well I presume so.

"So I hear you're going after Peter Jenkins? The things I've heard about that man. He's a disgrace to life."

"But can you help us with him?" Lucy walks forward cradling Elsa.

"Not me as a person, I can help you track him etc but I have two people who will be perfect for this. They're busy at the moment so will come down and meet you shortly."

"James is one of them I take it?" 

"It is indeed. The other may come as a shock and surprise to you but you need to allow us to explain." for the first time since we arrived he's actually started to look nervous.

"Okay?" Jack replies confused.

I look around and see people looking into the room at us. Some shaking their heads, some looking pityful and others just simply smiling. 

Footsteps are sounded on the stairs and the door swings open revealing James.

"Hey guys!" He grins looking happy to see us even though I saw him a few hours ago. Strange.

"James!" everyone gives him a quick hug as he steps back next to his uncle.

"I know you already know my uncle Mike but this here, the receptionist who was hopefully polite is my girlfriend Ella." we all politely nod and say hello. For once he looks fully happy, like no one could break him. Seeing how he looks at her reminds me of how me and Lydia used to be.

I send those thoughts away before I get upset in front of everyone.

"So who's this other person then?" Daniel's tone is impatient. I notice James swallow and look at his uncle from the corner of his eye who just simply shrugs.

"Out at the moment." James replies. "They'll be back soon I believe. Drink anyone?" now he's changing the subject. Why am I feeling suspicious all of a sudden?

A few of us accept a drink from him and sit and wait for this mysterious person who can help us with Peter.

I hear the door we entered through open. James, Ella, Michael and a few others from their gang's eyes flash in that direction in panic.

"Please, just trust us on this. Sit and wait, we'll explain everything!" James tells us in a shakey voice. I feel myself get hot and my hands become unsteady so I place my drink on the table.

"Sorry I'm late! Traffic was awful!" I hear a female voice say before she comes into sight and that's when it hits me. Everyone gasps. I look up at the entrance to see the last person I was expecting  to see emerging from the hallway. 

It's Lydia. 

A/N And there's the surprise! So Lydia is back and not dead! Comment what you think about that:) Please vote too because it gives me more encouragement to update! Charlie xx