Chapter 6

My mouth falls open in shock as the girl who I believed was dead follows James, Ella and Michael's eyes to land on us. 

"Oh my god." she whispers, her eyes filling up.

"L-Lydia?" Lucy stutters slightly taking a step forward.

"It's me." she replies as a tear falls down her cheek. "I thought I'd never see you all again!" 

Without any hesitation Lucy runs forward and pulls her sister into a hug. "I thought you were dead." she cries not letting Lydia go like she might float away.

"So did I." I hear her voice break. Jack and Zoe both move forward and join into the hug as we all stand back still completely stunned by her still being alive. They all break from the hug and Lydia turns to me. "I see you've been busy." she partly frowns.

"I don't know what you mean?" I stand looking puzzled. What is she on about?

"Sleeping around and now you've got a new girlfriend." she tells me breaking our eye contact.

"I only did those things to get Daniel off my back-" I was about to continue until she stopped me with a simple raise of her hand.

"Just get over here and look happy to see me. We'll talk later." she smiles weakly. A grin instantly appears on my face as I quickly move forward pulling her into my chest. Her arms wrap around my neck and it feels right. Unlike Lisa who it feels awkward with.

My girl is back.

After giving everyone a quick hello etc we all sat waiting to hear her story. I didn't know whether to be angry that she was alive or just be completely grateful. We grieved for months over nothing. Not exactly nothing but you know what I mean.

"Now, what happened was-" Michael starts.

"Um. Can I tell my story please." Lydia asks rolling her eyes at him. Clearly she doesn't appreciate him telling her business.

"Oh, yeah of course. Sorry Lydia." he apologises looking embarrassed.

"Right. Thanks. So I was shot, I was dying as you all know but these guys saved me. Peter left me by myself but I heard a crashing noise, like a door being kicked open. Michael and his gang had planned to ambush Peter and frame him for a murder. But as you guys know I was there and they helped me, the police had already arrived by then so they had to be sneaky. Once the police went back outside to get the medics they grabbed me and put me in their car and put the dead female who had been killed in my place letting everyone think it was me-"

"So why didn't you come home afterwards, why didn't you show us a sign you were still alive?" Jack snaps making everyone jump.

"I was getting to that-" she growled looking angrily at her dad. "I got out of hospital 2 weeks ago and was on bed rest until a week ago, I was getting myself ready to come home. I did last night but I overheard you all saying how you were coming here so you could have help to go after Peter. I chose to leave and wait for you to all arrive so it'd be easier and more simple to explain to you all."

"Lisa did see you then? In Beau's doorway?" Luke asks, all eyes moved from him to Lydia.

"Yeah, it upset me. What did I expect though, I was "dead" after all. I phoned James to meet me and last night we snuck in so I could see Elsa. Then we heard someone on the stairs so I hid whilst James held the baby making it look like no one else was there, aka me. I'm sorry I didn't let you all know but I didn't know how to."

"Yeah well keep the hell away from me." Jack yells pushing her out of the way and storming outside. She stumbles backwards and instantly looks hurt at his reaction. Zoe gives her a quick hug then runs after him.

"I'm not mad at you." Lucy smiles.

"Why not? He is, so shouldn't you be?"

"I was heartbroken when I thought you were dead, I'm just so grateful you're alive. He'll realise that soon enough." she reassures her sister.

It's so amazing to see her, she looks smaller than before but considering she's been in hospital for over two months I'm not surprised.

"You guys have no idea how much I've missed you all." she fully smiles looking around the room. "Even you Daniel." she winks. He frowns but then can't help but smile.

We all sit and talk for a while. Jack still hasn't made an appearance with Zoe but he'll come around soon.

Lydia sits on my lap cuddling into my chest as everyone talks, it's so good to have her back with me. I feel happy again.

The door opens but luckily there'll be no surprises this time. Or so I thought. I hear footsteps but they aren't the footsteps I want to walk in any second. The heels clank on the hard, wooden floor which stops everyone talking to eye the entrance.

"Beau Brooks what do you think you're doing with that girl! You are my boyfriend!" Lisa screams high pitched making everyone cringe.

"He was mine first bitch." Lydia taunts attempting to wind her up which works successfully.

"I didn't ask you, you slut, get off him not before I hit you." she threatens. Lydia is probably the worst person to threaten.

"Go on then." Lydia smirks standing up. She's shorter than Lisa, even without heels but she can definitely fight better.

"What?" Lisa asks looking take aback by Lydia's comment.

"Hit me. Do it." 

"Alright I will." she replies confidently. She brings her arm back and brings it forward in a swift movement. 

Everyone goes quiet as we hear a loud thud on the floor. I look down to see Lisa flat on her back. All I did was blink and everything had changed.

"You were too slow." Lydia chuckles standing over her. "Now please leave, this isn't your place to be. I can have you arrested for breaking and entering."

"I want my boyfriend." 

"Sorry Lisa, I was only using you to stop Daniel keeping on at me about being miserable and depressed. Your work is done and now you're dumped!" I butt in. Lydia turns and half smiles at me. "I love Lydia, it has always been Lydia from day one. You were just a bit on the side to keep everyone happy." I tell her honestly. I could've been nicer about it but she should be used to it.

"Fine, you weren't that good in bed anyway." she strops storming out to go home, hopefully anyway. How did she even find us? Stalker.

I pout at Lydia after Lisa's comment. 

"Aw babe, I think you're good don't worry." she smiles cheekily pecking my cheek.

"I missed you so much." I blurt out.

"I missed you too." she replies looking up at me. Either she has got shorter or I've grown because I seem to tower over her now. Ha. Someone clears their throat behind us making everyone turn around.

"Less of the lovey dovey chit chat, let's go and get Peter!" Jack grins.

A/N If you want anymore details of what happened to Lydia etc let me know and I'll do more detail in another chapter:) I've noticed my votes have gone up since Lydia's back so I'm guessing you're all glad she's back! Please vote and comment, the more votes I have the sooner I update that's why I've posted today as well:) Thank you for continuing to read the sequel! Charlie xx