Chapter 38

"How long have you been Luke's PA?" Logan asked, picking up his steaming mug of coffee and taking a sip. His brown eyes stared into mine, waiting for my answer.

I glanced down at my plate and back up to this handsome devil sitting next to me. "Three years and I absolutely love it. Luke is one of the most down to earth people I've ever known and he treats very well."

I bit my bottom lip, wondering if Nicole has stuck around, would she have thrown herself at Logan too. Damn, he was so cute, but I guess he must be used to the way women pause and take notice of his flawless face and athletic physique. "So, do and Luke have a strictly professional relationship, or does he get to enjoy the benefits of having such a beautiful personal assistant? You can tell me, it will be our little secret." He winked.

I almost spit out my orange juice and shook my head. "It's professional only. Not that he isn't extremely good looking, but I can assure you, it's a business relationship. It could never be like that with Luke and I, we're like family." A shiver traveled up my spine at the thought of kissing Luke.

"Good. I mean, I'm glad you're single. You are you single, aren't you?" He asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yes, I'm single." I could feel myself blushing, but this guy couldn't possibly be though, could he? "What about you? Do you have a someone special?" I pushed my pancakes that I only took a few bites of away.

He folded his arms and sat back in his chair. "I'm rolling solo these days. I was dating a girl back home in Reno, but that's been over for a while now."

"No way! You're from Nevada?" I was excited that he was from my home state.

"Born and raised. Let me guess, you are too." He had the cutest smile and I loved the way he had that bad boy look, complete with the leather jacket hanging on the back of his chair and the partially visible tattoo on his arm. Damn, I seem to have an addiction to this type.

"Close. I'm from Vegas, but I live in Calabasas now, you know because of my job. It's nice to talk to someone from home." We talked about home and our families for another twenty minutes and he walked me back to my hotel. He said that I would be seeing him and we said our goodbyes in the lobby, since he was staying at another hotel not far from mine.

I was smiling all the way to Luke's room. When I knocked and he opened the door, I tugged in his tie. "You sir, are a liar."

He laughed. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are my PA, you should know my schedule better than I do. I just thought that maybe a little breakfast with Logan would cheer you up. Take your mind off of that thorn in your side that you will be seeing first thing in the morning.

I tossed my bag down on the chair and sat at the desk, opening the laptop. "He is incredibly sweet and guess what. He's from Reno!"

"Ahhh I didn't know that." He picked up his phone from the charger and plopped down on the couch.

"So, now finish telling me about your conversation with Jared this morning." I was still dying to know what happened.

"Oh, that." He put the phone down and sat up a little. "I told him that what you do no longer concerns him. He is to stay away from you. I mean, we have to work together and I do not want any awkwardness on the set. He agreed and apologized. So, that should be the end of it. He was embarrassed and knew that he was wrong for yelling at you this morning. I don't think he will be bothering you anymore, Jennifer."

I felt sick to my stomach, just thinking of the whole fucked up situation. "Good. I know that he thinks that you and I slept together." I watched Luke smile and wondered if he told him otherwise.