Chapter 23 Nicole

I had been so excited about my trip to London since I hadn't been there in years. The minute Jennifer told me she'd need a distraction from Jared, I knew I had to go. Only, I didn't tell her my plan was to distract him instead of her.

I'd also be hanging out with her handsome, talented boss Luke, so that was a perk, even though I was certain he didn't like me. I thought I'd probably have to change my approach if I wanted to get that man naked in my bed, just in case my little plan for Jared were to fall through. A back up plan was never a bad thing.
Who was I kidding? I always get my way.

However, things changed the instant Jennifer opened the door to her room and I saw who was walking in right behind her.
To say that I was shocked was an understatement. Lying bitch! For all she knew, I was being the best of friends, coming to her rescue, and yet, she didn't even have the decency to tell me that she was actually fucking him.

The poor, silly little thing seemed really happy to see me. I on the other hand, had to put on a little performance, a skill that I had acquired from years of manipulating my parents and boyfriends.

That beautiful face of his didn't give off anything, when he saw me. I wasn't even sure if he remembered me from our weekend encounters all those years ago. Well, if he didn't remember my face, I'd damn sure make him remember the artistry of my mouth.

Although, I shouldn't be angry that she was fucking him, I should thank her. She just made this little game a lot more exciting. There was nothing like a little competition to make my blood boil. I'd get the pleasure of snatching him right out from under her. Deep down I fucking hated her. Little miss perfect took so many things from me over the years and I couldn't understand how! We both applied for that assistant manager position at my father's hotel and I should have gotten it, but no, daddy said I was unreliable. Jen was a much better fit, all I had to do was prove myself, he promised. Liar! I was convinced that she was fucking my father, until a few years later, when Mars stayed there. After batting my big blue eyes and sucking on the end of my pen, I had Jared hooked already, but then suddenly she appeared and his attention shifted to her. He even did it right there in front of me, complimenting her and handing her a pass for the show the following night. I watched in horror as he asked her to come to his room.

I was kicking myself for asking her to bring me sushi, even though that's all she was good for. I easily manipulated her into becoming my personal slave, time and time again. She would so whatever I asked, and I loved it. Maybe she would have a little roll in the sack with him, but I was determined to go above and beyond in pursuing Jared during his stay, and somehow gaining something from it.

And I did, Jared stayed at the hotel once again, months later, but I found out before Jen and made sure daddy gave her the weekend off and ended up on my knees, servicing him, just like before. I was sure that after this second time, there was something there, but then he didn't return and Luke showed up. I had a new crush it seemed, but unfortunately, the stupid man was so impressed with her that he offered HER a job as his personal assistant. Of course she accepted and jumped ship, abandoning my father in a heartbeat.

He needed me then, didn't he, once she left. I was a wannabe actress, working night shifts at a hotel and this wasn't how I planed to spend the rest of my life. Stuck in a job I hated, just because my parents thought I should learn the value of money and hard work. Bullshit! With all the money they had, I should never have to work a day in my life.

With Jen working for Luke, I figured that it could possibly help to open a few doors for me, if I met the right people, so I had to keep her close. I was sick of her getting what she wanted while I was forced to sit back and watch, but all of this was about to change.

I told her that I'd be going out for a walk, and knowing her intentions to call it an early night, I made a little plan of my own. That stupid work driven woman would let her ethics stand in the way again. And just like ten years ago, I would be ready to fill in for her.