introduction

Narrator POV:
Riverdale, the town with pep. Such a happy, small town, full of secrets. Ones that will soon come out into the world, others will be hidden, and locked away.

Jughead Jones. The sad, broken boy with a secret. Betty Cooper, straight A student, with a secret. Archie Andrews, star football player, with a secret. Veronica Lodge, fashionable New York girl, with a secret. Everyone has secrets. Maybe some of them will even get out?

Jughead Jones. A lonely boy. You'll find him in the corner of the lunchroom, reading a book. Trying to hide away from everyone. Bullies, his old friends, you name it. Basically everyone in that school. He likes to write, read, and keep to himself. He stays away from home as much as possible, sometimes sleeping outside or hiding out at school, too afraid to go back home to his father. His secret is that his dad is an alcoholic. Whenever his dad is drunk, he sometimes hits Jughead. Jughead also likes Betty. He wishes they were friends again. Same with Archie.

Betty Cooper. A happy, beautiful girl. You'll  find her writing and hanging out with her friends Veronica Lodge and Archie Andrews. She's always studying and doing everything that pleases her mom, even if she doesn't feel like doing it. Her dad left her and her mom 2 years ago. She was upset at first, but learned to forget about him. Her mom and dad always fought and one day he decided to leave in the middle of the night, leaving them with no money. Betty and her mom worked for months with cleaning houses to get back a decent amount of money. Betty doesn't work anymore, but Alice, her mom, works at the Riverdale Register. Betty has a crush on her bestfriend, Archie Andrews.

Both teenagers have a lot on themselves. They used to hangout all the time. They would hang out in Jughead's old tree house in their freshman year. Betty told Jughead everything, Jughead told Betty everything. He knew about her mom and how she put a lot of pressure on Betty. He knew that she likes Archie, and it makes him jealous. I guess you could say that Veronica Lodge ruined their friendship. She came from New York City in the middle of freshman year. She started rumors about Jughead asking Veronica for drugs, and she said Jughead did do drugs. With a loner boy like that, everyone could agree with it. Betty from that point forward ignored Jughead. He tried to talk to her, but she'd just walk away. She didn't want someone like that in her life, but what she didn't know, is that he never did drugs. It broke Jughead's heart. He cried himself to sleep every night. She was his only true friend. He was miserable at school, and never talked to anyone for weeks. He came to school with bags under his eyes and his eyes red and puffy from crying. They would exchange glances in class and in the cafeteria. Betty would quickly look away and Jughead instantly felt pain.

Now, it was October of Sophomore year. Jughead and Betty kept distance and haven't talked for a year. He learned to brush it off, but it still haunted him and made him upset.

Present Day...
Jughead's POV:
I walked into third period with my head down, avoiding Betty's eye contact. English was one of the classes I had with Betty. She sat next to Archie, one of my old friends that chose football over his bestfriend. I sat down in the corner where I sit next to Kevin Keller.

"Hey Jughead." he said when I sat down.

"Hey Kevin." I responded instantly diving into my book. Kevin was kind of like me too. He kept to himself and was a nice guy. He was very happy most of the time, and had a great life. He was nice to everyone, and was never rude to anyone.

"Okay, Class!" Mrs. Rider exclaimed, "We are doing a book report." The whole class let out a huge sigh, I just sat and paid attention. I never cared about school work. If it kept me from not talking or associating with my dad, I was fine with it. "You will have one partner." Mrs. Rider explained.

Betty's hand shot up, "Will we be able to pick our partners?" she asked. I glanced over at her. She looked beautiful. I hated not being able to be her friend.