fifteen

Betty's POV:
I walked out of school, alone, trying to figure out how I could possibly do this. It wasn't right, I just didn't want the black hood to come after him.

I didn't want to hurt him, but I guess in a way I had to. This was just to make him stay away. Everything would work out in the end, it always does, right?

She walked inside her house and had an idea. She sat down on her bed and hid her face into her palms. Jughead was the only one who cared about her truly. Veronica just always talks about what guys she's hooking up with everyday. Archie is just... Archie. But Jughead. He's just such an amazing guy who would do everything to make me and everyone around him happy. Shit, I really am a bad person.

I sighed and grabbed my phone, texting Jughead.

B: hey can I come over? we need to talk.

He replied right away.

J: Sure, I'll see you soon, cutie :)

My eyes teared up reading the last word. I quickly walk over to the trailer. I just wanted to get this done and over with.

I knock on the trailer door and I hear Jughead say "Come in." So, I do and I see him in the kitchen with a take out bag of Pops.

"I'm so glad you texted. You were distant today, is everything okay?" he asked coming over and pulling me into a hug. I sigh and hug him tighter.

"We don't have to talk about it right now, but we can just watch movies and cuddle?" he suggested. God I want to do that, that's all I want to do.

"Um, Jug. We have to talk." I said, sitting uncomfortably on the couch. He sits next to me and nods telling me to continue.

"I.. I.. uh." I said tripping over words, "I still love Archie." I whispered.

"What? Speak a little louder, cutie. It's just me." he smiled.

"I still love Archie." I said louder. His concerned expression turned upset. He laid back against the couch, looking straight in front of him. He took off his beanie and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Okay." he whispered, still looking straight ahead at the wall.

"Juggie, I'm sorry it's"

"It's always him, I get it." he interrupted, "But let me ask you something, when you confronted me about saying you liked me and you said that you don't want me to think that I'm a rebound, was that true?"

I sighed, "No. I do love you, it's just."

Jughead interrupted again, "It's Archie. The popular, star football player, who's hot in all girls eyes. I've been in his shadow all these years. Till we were assigned partners in the book report. We grew close again. I finally thought I would be lucky enough to have a better friend then him. You were there, Betty. I was there for you. I love you, and I won't ever stop, and I want you to be happy. Just please promise me that you won't leave me, like as a friend." He said as tears spilled from his eyes.

I nodded, "I won't. I'm here." I said and got up, "I'm sorry it had to end this way." I replied. Tears were forming in my eyes seeing how hurt he is. He looked up at me, still crying, "I'm sorry I wasn't what you needed." he said.

I didn't know what to say, so I just walked out and stayed outside of the front door for a while. I heard him sob, yell at himself, throw a few things, and then I couldn't handle it anymore, so I left his house.

I feel guilty. I broke the love of my life.