five

Betty's POV:
I woke up expecting to be in Jughead's arms, but he wasn't here. I sat up and looked at my phone to expect a text or a call, but I got nothing. I instantly got upset. Is this what Jughead does? Is he just going to leave me?

I sighed remembering my mom was coming home tonight. I walked downstairs and dialed Jughead's number.

He picked up after the three dials, "Jughead's phone, who is this?" a man asked.

"It's Betty, Betty Cooper." I responded confused, "Where's Jug?"

"Oh so your the famous Betty Cooper he's screwing." he relied nastily.

"What... No. I'm his friend." I replied. I heard Jughead say something. He was yelling, "Dad, give me my phone!"

"No, boy, I'm making sure this girl never talks to you again." his dad replied to Jughead.

I didn't say anything, I was too scared to. "Dad please just give me the phone." Jughead said. I heard the pain in his voice.

"No Jughead!" he yelled and then the phone hung up. I put my phone down with tears in my eyes.

I had to go there. It wasn't safe, but I had to. I had to help him. His dad was a dangerous person, and he doesn't deserve that.

I finally got dressed and walked to sunny side trailer park. I knew what one it was because I heard yelling. I knocked on the door and the yelling stopped.

"Get the door Jughead." I heard his dad say. Then, I heard a door slam and Jughead opened the door.

"Betty." he said quietly, "Leave now. I don't want you to see this." he said and started to close the door, but I stopped it with my hand.

"Did he hurt you?" I whispered. Jughead shook his head 'no'.  His dad appeared seconds later behind him.

"Who's this Jughead?" he asked. I instantly got a little scared.

"Hi, I'm Betty Cooper." I replied. Jughead sighed and hid his face in his palms. "Jughead and I need to go to the Blue and Gold to do something, can he please come?" I asked him.

"Sure, see you boy." Fp replied and patted Jughead on the back. Jughead flinched and grabbed his bag. He closed the door behind him and started walking, obviously mad at me. I ran to catch up with him.

"Why did you come Betty, you could've gotten hurt." Jughead asked.

"You just expect me to hear a phone call like that and not do anything!" I said with a tone in my voice.

"I'm fine Betty." He replied softly.

"Jughead Jones, don't pull the 'I'm fine' card. You are obviously not fine. That man that you call your father abuses you. He patted you on the back and you flinched afraid he was going to hurt you! I'm not letting this go on any further. I care about you, Jug. I don't want you to be afraid and upset anymore."

He then stopped walking and looked at me and kissed me. It was a soft, gentle kiss, it was short but sweet, "I just don't know what to do." He told me.

"We can get you help, from Sheriff Keller." I suggested, "And you can live at Mr. Andrews house. We can go ask him now. He's someone you can trust."

"I thought we were going to the blue and gold?" he asked.

I laughed, "It's Sunday, Jug. Plus that was an excuse for you to get out of the house."

He smiled and we walked up to Archie's house and knocked on the door. Mr. Andrews opened the door, "Jughead! Betty! Nice to see you guys again. Come inside." We walked inside, "Archie and Veronica are upstairs."

"Actually, Mr. Andrews, we're here to see you." I replied. We walked into the kitchen and sat down.

"Oh... that's unexpected. Okay, what's up kids." He said.

"Well, my dad, hasn't been the best ever since my mom and Jellybean left us." Jughead started, "He turned into an alcoholic and started to... abuse me." Jughead choked out the words.

Mr. Andrews gasped, "Thank you guys, for trusting me with this information. What do you want me to do Jughead? I could call Sheriff Keller."

"That's what he wants, but he doesn't want to go to a foster home." I replied.

"Could I possibly stay here?" Jughead asked nervously.

"Of course. I'm going to go talk to Sheriff Keller, you guys stay here." He said grabbing his jacket and heading out the door.

I grabbed Jughead's hand. "I told you everything was going to work out." I whispered.

"Yeah, I guess. I just don't want anyone else to know." he replied.

"Sheriff Keller can keep the information private. He knows us and what you've been through, Jug." I told him.

He smiled and then we walked upstairs to go see Archie and Veronica.

Veronica's POV:
I heard someone come through the door and thought of this as my perfect opportunity.

"I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be right back." I told Archie and he nodded. I sat on one of the steps and listened to their conversation.

"He turned into an alcoholic and started to abuse me." Jughead said and I was shocked.

This was perfect news for my dad, he's always wanted to make the Jones life a living hell.

I then heard Jughead say a couple minutes later that he doesn't want anyone to know.

Well too late now, Jughead Jones. I'm going to make your life a living hell.