four

Betty's POV:
It's been a week now, and I'm still adapting to the fact like I like Jughead. I don't want him to think he's my second option from Archie. Plus, he probably doesn't even like me. He's been living in the treehouse still, and hasn't seen FP all week.

It was finally Saturday morning. It was raining, and cloudy outside. I sighed and grabbed my book. My mom was out of the house for the weekend, and I didn't mind. She hasn't let me go outside of the house expect for school. So, I haven't seen Jughead that much. She also took my phone, but I got that back. Basically, I'm kind of worried about Jughead because he might've seen FP again.

I heard a slight knocking on my window and went to it and smiled. There Jughead was. He was soaked and looked cold. I opened the window and he climbed inside.

"How's house arrest?" he whispered to me.

"Jug, she's not home. You don't have to whisper." I said and giggled.

He smiled, "Can I use your bathroom, to take a shower?" he asked.

"Yeah of course, I'll grab you a towel." I responded and grabbed him a towel. I gave it to him, "Thanks Betts."

He went to the bathroom and I decided to get ready. I got changed into one of my blue sweaters and a pair of jeans. I left my hair down, not feeling up to put it in a ponytail.

A couple minutes later, Jughead walked out in new clothes, and there was one thing I noticed.

"You don't have your beanie on!" I said and he laughed.

"Yeah, one: my hair is wet, and two: I only wear it off when I'm around people I care about, and don't make fun of me for having it off." he replied sitting next to me on my bed.

I smiled and took it out of his hands. "Betts, what the heck?" he said and chuckled after. I grabbed it and put it on my head.

He smiled at me and fixed it, "You look beautiful, Betty Cooper. I mean you always do." I smiled at his compliment. He put his hand on my cheek and used his thumb to softly rub it. We just sat in silence for a while. I still had his beanie on, not wanting to take it off. He looked at me for a while and I raised an eyebrow at him.

I then saw him lean in closer to my face. Our noses were touching, and he kissed me. I felt butterflies in my stomach and I felt myself blush. He pulled away and leaned his forehead on mine.

"Betty..." he started.

"I like you Jug, a lot. But I don't want you to think I started liking you because I was rejected by Archie. You've been here for me through everything, and I just don't know what I would do without you." I said to him.

"I like you a lot too. I have for a while, actually." he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Juggie, Archie will only ever be my best friend. I never realized who really cared about me. Till the last couple of weeks. It's you, Juggie." I replied smiling.

He smiled and got up, "I'm making us pancakes." he said.

I smiled, "Okay, so you want this back?" I asked referring to his beanie.

He shook his head 'no', "You look adorable in it." he said before leaving.

I sighed and smiled. Were we official now? I had to know. So, I got up and went downstairs to see him trying to find the pancake ingredients.

"Jug, are we official now?" I asked him standing in the kitchen doorway. He stopped looking for the ingredients and walked towards me.

"I don't know, is that what you want?" he asked teasing me.

I smiled and nodded. "Then it's official." He replied and I smiled.

Jughead's POV:
After I finished making the pancakes, we ate and watched a movie. After the movie, we we're laying in her bed, working on our book report.

"I think I'm going to ask Archie and Mr. Andrews if I can move in with them for a while." I told Betty. The treehouse was fine, but winter was coming and it would start to get really cold.

Betty nodded, "You can stay here for tonight if you want, my mom's not going to be home till tomorrow night." she offered looking away from her book.

"Thanks, I think I will." I replied.

"Thank god," she sighed, "I don't like sleeping with no one else here."

"Well, I'll protect you." I said, "I'll be your knight in shining armor."

"Or my knight in a gray beanie." she said giggling.

"God, Cooper, your just so cute." I told her. She blushed and we started reading again.

When nighttime came around, I grabbed some pillows and a blanket and laid on the floor. Betty came into her room and laughed.

"Yeah, your definitely not sleeping on the floor." she told me, "I want you to snuggle with me." she said with puppy dog eyes.

"Okay." I said and climbed into her bed. She smiled and climbed in next to me, putting her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms protectively around her.

"Goodnight, Juggie." she said.

"Good night." I replied.

A little bit later, I heard her soft snores and realized she still had my beanie on. I gently took it off, and put it on her nightstand. I smiled and sooner or later fell asleep.