fourteen

Archie shook Jughead awake the next morning. Jughead groaned and hugged his pillow tighter. School.

"C'mon dude. Wake up." Archie shook him harder, then Jughead put his hands up to surrender.

"Are you sure you want to go to school?" Jughead asked him, pulling on his shirt.

"Yeah, It sucks, but my dad wouldn't want my grades dropping."

"Any more then they already have?" Jughead joked.

"Shut up." Archie said, smiling. Jughead and Archie started walking towards the door.

As they were walking, it seemed like Archie was happy. Happier than you should when your dad was shot.

Jughead decided to keep to himself. He didn't want to ruin Archie's mood by asking what was going on. Plus, he liked to see his friend like this

Betty's POV:
I was already at school. I had decided to just forget about my dad showing up and to focus on school. I was typing away in the blue and gold, but not for an assignment. For a plan.

A plan to break up with Jughead. I didn't want to of course, but the so called "Black Hood" called me, telling her to break up with him. That if I didn't, Jughead would he killed, by the black hood.

So, I had to do it. I figured I could stop by his trailer and tell him. I'm also going to try to avoid him all day. I don't want to, I actually really want to talk to him about my dad, but I'll just talk to Archie about it.

Third Person POV:
Archie. She forgot all about Archie and his dad. She had not even talked to him for two days, and she never visited his dad in the hospital. She rushed out of the blue and gold and found Archie at his locker... and Jughead. She sighed and walked over to them.

"Arch." she said from behind him.

Archie turned around and smiled, "Hey Betty."

"I'm sorry, for not coming to the hospital," she started and looked over at Jughead. He was listening, "Things happened last night, and I just needed to go to bed to clear my mind."

Archie sighed, "Betty, Don't apologize. I get it, and thank you, but I'm fine." he said and hugged her. He broke away from the hug, smiling, "My mom's finally home, Jug. I don't need to stay with you anymore, thanks."

Jughead nodded, "It's no problem." Betty sighed staring into his eyes. How could she do that to him? she thought. "I gotta get to class, I know you two have the Blue and Gold for first period, so I'll see you later." Archie said, breaking the silence.

"Bye Arch." Betty and Jughead said. Once he was gone, and out of sight, Jughead kissed Betty on the forehead, "What happened last night?" he asked.

Betty sighed, "Just some normal Cooper family drama." she said, laughing it off. Jughead looked at her with his 'I'm not confused face.'

"It's really nothing, Jug." Betty said, blankly.

"Okay, sorry." he said, adjusting his backpack uncomfortably.

Betty and Jughead walked into the Blue and Gold and typed in silence. They would usually talk a lot, laugh, and joke around. But, Betty was trying to keep her distance with what she was doing tonight.

The bell finally rang after a very long silence. "I'll see you later." Jughead said, kissing her forehead.

"Bye." she said, smiling. She watched her boyfriend walk out of the blue and gold door. Well, soon just a friend...

a/n:
i'm sorry i haven't been posting! i've had three projects due this week! i'll try to post regularly, thank you for being patient! xo