𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

CHAPTER FIVE

"THOMAS, stop! Tell me what's going on." Teresa demanded. Thomas walked up to her.

"It's WCKED. It's WCKED, they lied to us, we never escaped. Me, Aris, and Katherine found bodies. Too many to count." Katherine gulped thinking about it.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Minho questioned, looking from the small girl to Thomas. "Dead bodies?"

"No, but they weren't alive either," Thomas answered.

"They had them strung up, tubes coming out of them. They were being... they were being drained. There's something inside us that WCKED wants." Katherine explained, suddenly not feeling so good thinking about the innocent kids who were practically killed. "Something in our blood." 

"That's why we need to get as far away from WCKED as possible." Thomas finished. Everyone paused, taking what the two said.

"Ok... So, what's the plan?" Newt questioned, looking at Thomas after Katherine shrugged her shoulders. He shook his head softly. "You do have a plan, right?"

"Yeah. I -- Yeah, I don't know." The dark-haired boy responded.

"Well, we followed you out here, Thomas. And now you're saying you have no idea where we're going, or what we're doing?" Newt raised his voice, talking quickly panicking slightly.

Katherine sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Wait," Aris spoke up. Everyone turned to the boy. "Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains. Some kind of resistance or army."

"The Right Arm," Thomas thought out loud. "The Right Arm. If they're really against WCKED maybe they can help us."

Newt looked between Thomas and Aris, his brows pulled together. "People? In the mountains? Mountain people? That's your plan?" The Brit responded not sounding too convinced.

"It's the only chance we have." The dark-haired boy replied.

"Hey, guys. Check this out." Winston called over his shoulder. Everyone turned to look at the boy. "Minho, give me your light." The Asian crouched down beside Winston and shone his light over the area where everyone was now crowded.

"Someone's been down here," Katherine stated seeing footprints on the ground. The group wandered around the abandoned mall, the shorter girl staying close to Minho, gripping his hand not wanting to lose him in this place.

The couple walked over to the closed-off store, seeing water tanks and some other stuff they could use. "Come on, open it up," Minho said lowly. Katherine and a few others helped the ex-runner open up the garage-like door and they all stepped inside.

Dust covered everything inside and Frypan turned on a lamp that illuminated the area around it. Newt blew a thick layer of dust off some flashlights. "Looks like people lived here," Winston stated.