𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

KATHERINE SAT BETWEEN MINHO and Newt. Frypan sat on the other side of Minho as the group overlooked the camp. The girl leaned on Minho with her head resting against his shoulder as he gave a gentle kiss on her hand. 

Thomas took a seat beside Newt as the warm gentle breeze hit their faces. "I wish Alby could have seen all this," Newt spoke up.

"And Winston," Frypan added. Katherine's heart seemed to drop a little hearing the boys' names. They really deserved to be ok and alive. She missed them. The girl squeezed Minho's hand as she readjusted her head.

"And Chuck." Thomas played with the small wood carving that Chuck had made in his hand. Katherine frowned hearing the young boy's name. He was such a pure, bright, innocent young boy, who was now just a memory.

"He'd be proud of you, you know, Tommy," Newt said. A small ghost of a smile lingered on the brunette girl's lips.

"Yeah," Thomas answered, looking from the wood figure to Newt and then back to the figure.

"Hey, Aris!" Frypan yelled, catching the group's and the said boy's attention. Aris stuck his hand above his head.

"Hey, guys!" He called back cheerfully. Fry turned back to the three guys and small girl with a smile. Katherine's mood brightened seeing the boy smile.

"I kinda like that kid." The dark-skinned boy chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, I still don't trust him though," Minho answered, a smile seeing to be fought off by the Asian. Katherine chuckled, nudging him. He looked down at her, a smile forming on his lips and his dimples appearing hearing her small chuckle. It sounded like music to his ears.

"Hey, Katherine?" Thomas spoke up, making the girl look over to him. She hummed in response. "Mind if we talk?" He questioned. She smiled and nodded, slipping from Minho's arms. The two left the little cliff as the other three boys fell into conversation. 

"So, about the whole, 'we're siblings' thing," She started. "Did you get that rush of..." 

"Memories?" He finished and she nodded with a small chuckle which he did as well. "Yeah. I remember..." His face seemed to fall in the slightest, a sort of darkness clouding his eyes. "I remember mom," He finished and Katherine felt her lips tug into a frown. 

"Yeah, me too," She answered quietly. "I also remember you used to read to me," She nudged his arm with a small smile, trying to cheer up the boy. "And I used to sing to you even though I was totally out of pitch," She rolled her eyes. Thomas just chuckled. 

"Yeah well, I liked it either way. You're a lot like her. You even look like her," Thomas said but he didn't look as depressed as before. Katherine smiled softly. 

"Yeah well you definitely have her courage," She responded and Thomas nudged her, the two giggling quietly. "I guess I was to caught up in trying to escape WICKED and not lose Minho, I kind of ignored the small feeling in the back of my mind about you," She started.