𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

━━━ CHAPTER EIGHT

━━━ CHAPTER EIGHT

      THE group followed the girl throughout the building. She threw open a door and they saw dim lights hanging in different places with people wandering about, slowing and turning their heads to see the kids. "Come on, hurry up. Horhay wants to meet you."

"Who's Horhay?" Thomas questioned. The girl turned her head the side slightly before answering, looking at Thomas.

"You'll see." She answered. "No one's come out of the Scorch in a long time. You just got him curious. And me too." She stated, looking over at Thomas once more. Teresa looked from the girl to Thomas and Katherine could almost see jealousy on her face. Katherine looked to the side seeing people gawking at them, a guy smiled at her and she just darted her eyes away.

"I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this place," Newt said from the back of the group. Thomas turned to look at the Brit before everyone else.

"Let's see him, see what he has to say." He said as the short haired girl lead them up some stairs.

They saw a man, seemed to be in his 50's or maybe a little younger. He was listening to the radio chatter. "Horhay, they're here." The girl spoke up. He turned, his hands on his hips as the girl plopped down on the worn down couch.

"You ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?" He questioned. Katherine furrowed her brows at his first words to them, glancing up at Minho who glanced down at her with the same expression. "Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?"

The group was silent, 'Horhay' looking at all of them waiting for them to answer. "Don't all answer at once." He said sarcastically. Katherine watched Thomas, seeing if he was going to answer. He was silent and then she turned her head to the man.

"We're going to the mountains." She spoke up. Their eyes turned to the small girl. "Looking for the Right Arm."

"Looking for ghosts, you mean," Horhay answered, taking a sip from his glass.  "Question number two, Where did you come from?" He walked closer to the group. Everyone watched carefully, making sure to keep their guard up.

"That's our business," Minho answered after glancing at Thomas. The man was silent and gave a subtle nod. Guys came at them and forced them to their knees. Katherine yelled for them to get off her as well as Thomas.

Minho struggled, yelling threats at them to not touch Katherine as the girl from before scanned Thomas's neck. Once that was done, they let go, the girl pushing the guy away from her, muttering curse words under breath and glaring at Horhay and the girl. "You were right." She said handing the device to Horhay.

"Right about what? what is she talking about?" Thomas questioned.

"I'm sorry, hermano. Looks like you're tagged. You came from WCKED. Which means you're very valuable." He said going from a smile to a very serious face.