8.What did I do?! (Roman)

I have been having an AMAZING week! Ok so Monday, I manage to snag the last of the coffee cake. It's this new pastry Prince Asher has been having the kitchen attempt. It's not like the coffee cake from home but it was still really good. Then Tuesday, I found a four leaf clover. Yeah, I know right. On Wednesday I got to fight Deceit. Again, it wasn't my Deceit but still. Then on Thursday Ash let me have the run of his training room. It was like,  the best day ever. You have no idea how I've missed my training room ok. It's not easy looking as good I do... did... doesn't matter. 

Then yesterday, Ash took me to see these people. At first, I didn't think anything of it you know. I thought it was just a meeting and what not for the war or whatever. But it wasn't... It was a fucking play. Or well the start of one. I don't know how he knew but he said that I would probably enjoy participation. It wasn't much but he thought that we should start bringing musical theatre to the kingdom. As a way to give the people that much-needed mental-break from the troubles, they are going through. Basically, he asked if I wanted to help start a theatre program. I was ecstatic... in heaven... but then....

I got the feeling he was trying to be extra nice to me. Like he was doing these things to make up for something. Of course, he's been nothing but kind since I've met him so I don't really understand why I got that feeling.

The thing is though, he hasn't really spoken to me much since the fight with Deceit. I wonder if in doing so it upset him in some way. That upsets me than anything else if I'm being honest. Ash has been a constant support for me since my arrival. He's made it so I'm not that homesick. Every once in a while, I'll catch him listening to music and humming. Just sitting there eyes closed and listening to him makes me think I'm back home with Virgil.

I never got the chance to ask him where he got the iPod. I can't find them anywhere. Honestly, I can't find any modern technology here. Which makes no sense at all cause he obviously has one. Maybe he got it in another kingdom? That would explain the sudden interest in coffee and sweets as well. Cultural diffusion and all the jazz.

"Alex, we have to get going." Ash popped into the room, grabbing his bag and heading to the door before stopping and turning around. He looked awkward and nervous. As if worried he might say the wrong thing. "That is... um... if you want to... you don't have to, I'll understand. I'm not forcing to join me. It's going to be dangerous and I would hate it if you got hurt and so if you don't want to I will totally..."

"Dude, relax. I'm more worried about you going to the front lines. You barely got the basics down." Ash just froze up and quickly left the room. See what I mean? He hardly talks to me and when he does, he rambles on and on. It's like he can't stand being around me, or talking to me. He would hardly even look at me now.

Regardless of that, this hasn't been that bad a life so far. I find it odd that this is a curse. There are far worse things than this. This has been nice.

Y̶̝̩͖̥̭̭̭͉̍ͪ̋ͭ̐̾͂͆ͮǒ̡͇̘͈͕̈ͩ͜û͇̙͍̘͎̻̝͂̄̈́ͧ ̶̮̺̙̰͒̒͋̽ͫw̡̯̱̑ͥ̉̆̉̓ͭ̓͋͢a̰̙̘̺͇̾ͤͩ͑̀́ͪ̓̄͞͞n̠͈̝̺̫̠̰̹̥ͥͦ̓t̶̶̻͈̀̂̔̄ͯ̔̂͘ ̸̴̙͈̝̙̞̹̻͖ͫ̆͂͢c̷̲̙̜͉͍̣̥͐̈́̎̊ͧͭu̸̴̩̜̼͚ͪ̓r͖̻͚̈̄ͦͮͤ̉̏͂͡͠s̰̘͖̺ͪ̒̇̊e͎̥͕̱̻̥̩͕͗ͣ́ḍ͇͛̉̽̑̀,̠̝̬͖͉͓̥͈̿ͦͤ ̴̢̂̄͆͏͚̟̹͇̝͖̳̭̙h̙ͫ̒̑ọ͐̂̏w̸͔̭͍͑͊ͦ̐ͯ̈͑ͣ ̸̱̳͐̓̽͛̇ͮͪ͢a̵̱̹͂͗̃̈̉̑b̢̜̝͔̱͉̖͈̯͗͑̂ͯo̰̖͐u͍̘̹͔̯ͥ̑̄ͭ͟t̶̛̼̍͂̊ͯ̄ͬ͗͠ ̴̷̪̝̋̊̋͡ą͙͖̥̘͍̲̱̥̈́̇͘ ͎̩͍̘͂ͦ̊͊͊ͯ̅̕ͅd̵̫͎͈͇͓̬̣̞͑̽̒͋̒͜͡î̺͇ͥ͆ͫͮ͋̏̊͞ş̴̶͙̺̯̳̾̋̐̉̇̿e̡͚̠̠̍̊̇ͧ͐̆̇͘͠a̧̳̦̪̪̼̻ͬ͂͆̇ͫ͘͝s͕̺̲̣͓͋̔ͧ̓ͮe̶͖̺̞̫͚̭̙̮̒̓̒̿̀͐͌ͣ͘ ̥̜̮̦͑ͪͤ̐̽ṉ̵͆͞e̪̘̞̱̠̓̿̏͐̋̅͋ẋ̶̧̱̰̺͉̦̗̔̆ͫ̿̋̄͑t̴͕͇͐̓ ̖͍̱̫͖̙̄̃͛̃̄̎͝t̸̗̗́͛̈́͑ͣ̾ͨ́i̺͇͉͖͚̩ͦ̈́̾m͍̜̦̖̣̗̖̓͆ͧ̈ͪ̔͋͑́̚͜͡e͖̱͎̦̪ͮ͟.̶̩̜͉̳̜̱̔̔͗̉͐ͦͮͭ

̘̼̰͖͇̺̅ͯ͑̄ͧ͠
̖̺̹̭̰̜̙̣̭̊ͯ̆ͣ̂ͨ͘͞ ͖͉̠̞̘̯ͩ̔̉̎̌͐̃ͫ͠T̙ͤ̄̑r̡̞̰̦͓̻̺̺ͫͧͨ͂y̽̃҉̡̺̖̯ͅ ̹̝͔̰̫͈̞̃͛ͨ̉ạ̼̥̘̗̗͙̚ṅ̞̳͇̄̐̋̿̈́ͦ̓d̛̗̘͈͈̞͕̗̆͆̌ ̭͖͙̼̬̮̒̓̌ͣ͢g̳͈̭͕̫̗̙̫̺̉̒̃ͧ̈͑ͩ͞ű̍̋̽ͫͨ̓͐҉̵̬̗͈̱̘̮̙̬ế̷̟̻̘̤̩͋̾̉̉͊̋s̸̴̮̱̎ͣ̓͆͋ͧ͌͗̀s̘̯̗̬̯͉͇ͫͫ̔ͣ̑͒ͩ̑ͅ ̛̯͗ͮͧͤ͌͗ͣ̆͟͞w̳͎͍͇͕̺̜̉ͣ̓h̨̝̲͚͉̭̰̫̽̆̂͑ͩi̶̟̗̺̻̯͖̰̠͒ͤ̃͗̑c̵̡̧̟͍͉̠̩̟̒̊̐̒̈̎h̴̨͖̯̙̗̪͍ͣͮͬͨͩ́ͅ ͑̍ͣ́҉̵̼o̶̗̜͙ͥ̍ͦͦ̒ṇ̨̮̖̔̊̉̏̅̆̑ͥ͆͜͡e̸̸̥̲̳̞̠̱̱͈̍͆̈́̐ͩͨͪͬͣ,̡̺͕͍̣̜ͪͮ̀ͨ͗̾ͅ ̷͎̦̳̱͉̹̤̂̍ͧ͋ͨ̑͛ͥͪ͢R̡̹͕̜̃ͧ̌̌̅ͨ̑̀͡o̷͔̬̝̹̞̮͎̓̐̀͟m̸̗̥̎͋́ͮͤ̅̉ͬ̚͠a̵̻̦̰̮̞̼̫ͪ͛͑͛͐͋̆͛̎ņ̵͍͇̘͓̖ͦ̃̉̌̇ͣ̈́͒!͐̉̔̅̌͗̒̚͏̸͙̩̲̭ͅ

That doesn't sound good at all! Please tell me I didn't just tempt fate. Well, now I have something to look forward to but I don't plan on dying anytime so yeah. 

I followed Ash outside to where the staff and several horses prepared and ready to go. One for Ash, me, Deceit, and a few other knights. We were about to head off into the fray but my mind kept wondering back to Ash. Or more precisely, his weird behavior towards me. I honestly don't understand why he's...

"You ready Ro... Alex?" I looked up to see Ash looking back at me with a concerned look. "You don't have to come."

"Who else is going to protect your sorry royal ass?" I said before laughing my ass off. Ash just frowned before setting off towards the frontlines. I'm not imagining it right? Something changed between us. I just can't put my finger on it.