05

Recap-

After we get everything set up the door bell rings.

It could be either the girls or the guys.

Now when I opened the door I did not expect to see Harry, Louis, Niall, and Liam.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Harry!" I exclaim and wrap my arms around his tall frame. I feel him chuckle and I let him go and step back.

"Please come in guys! It's been so long!" I exclaim and hurry inside. "Last one inside please close the door." I say as I walk into the kitchen.

"So how've you been?" Harry asks and I almost melt at the sound of his accent.

"Good, good. Um I have something to tell y-" I say before getting cut off

"Gemma! Everything is ready." Michael yells.

"Who's that?" Louis asks as Michael walks in. I take a deep breath.

"Michael, meet my long lost best friends. Harry, Louis, Niall, and Liam." I say pointing the guys out.

They all say Hi.

Then the door bell rings three times. "Michael would you?" I ask and he nods before hurrying out of the kitchen.

"Listen guys. No one knows that Jules is me. Your not to tell anyone. Understand?" I ask looking around at the four who nod rapidly.

"Also, my dad just signed the house over to me for my birthday." I say and they all look at me with smiles.

"But, me and my girlfriends are hanging out tonight. Michael and his friends are staying with me but you know we always have your all's rooms. They may need to be updated a bit." I say and start grabbing drinks out of the fridge.

Once the girls were here and we were all in comfortable clothing we went into the cinema room.

I had a karaoke machine set up and we could just pick a song off my iPod.

Since Lucy was the youngest she got to pick first.

Her being her, she picked Dear Maria, Count Me In.

We all grab a mic and the background music starts. That's when the boys came in and they all sat down both of separate sides.

I smirk while looking at my old best friends. I know this song by heart.

I got your picture, I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle
And I'm the pen

When the lights go up
I wanna watch the way you take the stage by storm
The way you wrap those boys around your finger
Go on and play the leader

'Cause you know it's what you're good at
The low road for the fast track, make every second last

'Cause I got your picture, I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle
And I'm the pen

Make it count
When I'm the one who's selling you out
'Cause it feels like stealing hearts
Calling your name from the crowd

Doesn't that mean
You'll be the showgirl of the home team
I'll be the narrator
Telling another tale of the American dream

I see your name in lights
We could make you a star
Girl, we'll take the world by storm
It isn't that hard

'Cause I got your picture, I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle
And I'm the pen

Make it count
When I'm the one who's selling you out
'Cause it feels like stealing hearts
Calling your name from the crowd, whoa

Take a breath, don't it sound so easy?
Never had a doubt, now I'm going crazy
Watching from the floor

Take a breath and let the rest come easy
Never settle down 'cause the cash flow leaves me
Always wanting more

'Cause I got your picture, I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle
And I'm the pen

Make it count
When I'm the one who's selling you out
'Cause it feels like stealing hearts
Calling your name from the crowd

'Cause I got your picture, I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle

I run a hand through my hair and throw my head back. It feels good to just let go and have some fun.

"Yall mind if I take my sweater off?" I ask through the mic and no one protests so I grab the hem of it and pull it over my head.

I throw the shirt onto the seat that was in front of me.

After doing a few more songs I was getting tired so we settle down and kick the guys out.

Harry:

"Did you know that once upon a time, Gem and Harry dated?" Liam asks the other boys and they all look at me.

"Um yeah. We did date. Past tense. That's over now." I say trying to spare Michaels feelings.

The poor boy was falling fast and hard for her. I could tell just by the way he looked at her. I think she is totally oblivious to it but she's never been very well at reading people.

I plop down on the couch in the game room. It's definitely been updated. Better systems, consoles, and furniture. Other than that the carpet and walls look the same.

These guys were pretty chill.

I pull my phone out right as someone sits next to me. "Hey, Michael." I say and look at him.

"Hey." He says and fiddles with his fingers.

"Look some words of advice. Gemma is a tough shell to crack. She's got her secrets, flaws, and lots of layers. She's been hurt a lot because people gave up on her.

"You've just gotta be patient with her and show her your here to stay and you'll get to her." I say and he looks at me speechless.

"How do you know so much about her?" He asks and I chuckle a little.

"Trust me. I've know Gem for about 10 years. Plus I was her first boyfriend and it took her a long time to open up to me too." I say placing a hand on his shoulder.

He thanks me before we start playing Fifa.