08

Fall was arriving quickly.

It's already Labour Day.

Good thing is, I don't have school today because it's labour day.

I'm just chilling at my house. It's very quiet to be honest.

Im binge watching The Vampire Diaries cause why not?

Michael was still staying here but all the others left. Harry, Louis, Liam, and Niall went back to Europe and Ash, Cal, and Luke went home.

Michael was asleep on the couch next to me popcorn still in his lap. He's just kinda holding it for me as I silently eat it.

My phone dings beside me and it makes Michael jump spilling the popcorn onto the floor. "Shit." I say as I grab my phone.

He rubs his eye as I look at the message. I pause the show and look back at my phone.

Ashton: I am kinda mad I didn't see this before but
Your Jules aren't you?

I sigh.

Me: How'd you figure it out?

Ashton: Well I saw your tattoo, and the way you used that board at your party a few days ago. Plus on your cake there was a cursive J.

Me: Do the others know?

Ashton: No, but Michael is determined to figure out its you.

Me: Well, I can't just tell him! For fucks sake Ashton, I like him.

Ashton: I know, he likes you too.

Me: Wait? He does?

Ashton: yep, so you best tell him before your in too deep.

Me: that's just a even better reason not to tell him!

Ashton: Well, If you don't tell him before Christmas break when you're graduating, I will.

Me: This is not something of yours to tell! I can't believe you!

Ashton: Tell him or I will.

I groan and turn my phone off shoving it into the side of the couch.

"Who were you texting?" Michael asks as he rubs his eyes. I sigh.

"Ashton. He's just found out that I graduate early." I say and sigh.

"Wait your graduating early?" Michael asks and I nod shamefully.

"Yeah, I just found out yesterday though. Principle Weatherbe said I was able to." I whisper and look down at my hands. "He just wanted me to tell you before he told you himself."

"When?" He asks a little hint anger in his voice. I take a deep breath.

"The day we get out for Christmas break." I say and get up grabbing my phone. I rush out of the room up the stairs while Michael was yelling my name. I run into my room and slam the door, locking it.

For the fifth time since I came up here there was a knock. Only a different voice. "Gem." Mia breaths out and I get up off the bed and unlock the door.

"Oh, Gemma!" She says and throws herself onto me. I giggle a little before sighing.

"Skate park?" I choke out and she nods her head rapidly.

She grabs my board while I throw on some appropriate clothing and I shove my bandana in my pocket.

We rush out of the house and before I shut the door I catch a glimpse of Michael.

Once in the car I wrap the bandana around my neck and bring it up to cover my mouth.

"Hey, Mia? Could you text people and say that Jules is at the skate park?" I ask and she nods once. I sit my board down on the ground and start twords. the park.

I grab my phone and text Michael.

Me: Meet me at the Skate Park xx

Once I arrive there was only a few people there and when they see me they pull their phones out.

I get into the ring and get on top of it standing there with my board in my hands.

Once enough people show up. I sit the board down. I see Michael, Ashton, Calum, and Luke all jump out of a car and look up at me.

Michael:

As soon as we jump out of the car Jules was standing on top of the pipe. Now to find Gemma.

"Hello everyone!" I hear an all to familiar voice say. "Mia, you getting this?" She asks someone that was on the ground.

"So, it's been since Freshman year. No one has been able to find out it's me. Jules is my alter ego." The girl says and I shake my head.

No no no no! Do not take the bandana off.

She peels the bandana off and everyone gasps. I about collapse. Gemma was Jules!

Gemma:

I see Michael stagger and I take a deep breath. I watch everyone's reactions, then someone yells. "Proof! Do something only Jules would know how to do!"

I snicker and roll my board off the pipe and jump down myself.

I look over at the boys staring at me. Ashton nods his head once at me and I shrug.

I take a running start and do a cartwheel, grab my board, position my feet on the board and land the board on the side of the half pipe. The crowd goes mad. Everyone was saying stuff like 'Omg, it is her!'.

"Why did you keep your identity a secret?" Someone asks as I climb up onto the pipe again.

"Um, well here's the thing. I don't know." I say.

"Why tell us now?" Someone else asks and I sigh.

"Well, I'm graduating soon. Like the day we get out for Christmas break. After Christmas I plan on leaving. Plus it's starting to get cold outside and I wouldn't be able to skate." I say.

Soon people started to leave and among the first was Michael and them. Mia sends me the half hour long video and I thank her before she hurrays off.

I was left alone to thing within a matter of minutes and I sigh. I grip my board and grab my phone. I dial Harry's number.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks and I start crying again.

"Harry, I just told everyone who I was, now Michael hates me." I sob and he shushes me.

"It's okay Gem. Listen, after you graduate you can always come live with me." He says and I sniffle.

"Okay, Hazza." I say my voice raspy.

I hang up a few minutes later and slide off the half pipe.

My phone rings.

"Hello?" I say picking up without looking at the caller ID.

"Michael is leaving." Ashton says and I sniffle.

"I figured. Oh and Ashton? NEVER TALK TO ME AGAIN!" I scream into the phone before hanging up and sliding the phone into my pocket.