(21)Jet Black Jungle

Good news!

Updates will be much more regular from now on and you can expect them only a few days apart.

Book 4 will be done and completed on/around the 9th of December, but I've decided to give the competition time until the 20th of December. 

Enjoy the mayhem! Xx

Jet Black Jungle

Autolycus' liar was elaborate- inefficiently elaborate.

Momus and I walked close behind Eleos as she was escorted to the grand chamber.

Of course, being the prince of thieves and trickery, Autolycus wasn't one for surprise visitors, but upon hearing that his guest was none other than Nyx's youngest daughter, he quickly allowed us entry.

His guards stationed along the watchtowers were, needless to say, very stunned that we'd managed to locate their master's lair- considering it was supposed to be a big secret.

Although, when I finally spotted the oddly-shaped mountain peak, I had the feeling we were in the right spot. It was almost carved out- like that of an arrow's head. Autolycus no doubt inherited this sanctuary from his late father, Hermes.

The cavern was large and spacious, but as we walked deeper, the corridors narrowed and separated into many slender and darkened paths. It was labyrinth of networks- specifically designed for a prospering thieves' guild.

Momus fiddled with his armour and I quickly shot him a pointed look. We were disguised as women. I'd decided to take the shape of a woman that I knew very well- inside and out. Trita's slender hands moved up to part her thin fringe from her eyes- my eyes. It was a tad odd looking at my wife's reflection in the shield in front of me, but it definitely wasn't bad. She was stunning; I just hoped she wouldn't be distraction through all of this.

Momus, on the other hand, had taken the disguise of a young servant girl at Tundra. No one would know what she looked like or who she was- excellent for a nameless guard.

Eleos turned her face to us, her eyes cast down. She was checking in if everything was still alright. I nodded and she turned back to the front, the effortless image of a princess. Her posture was perfect and her face was a mask of grace.

The dark, torch-lit tunnel opened up and we entered into a large underground chamber. A high waterfall fell down from a few ragged and moss-covered rocks in the corner; the water collected in a cool pool. Beside it, were two couches, upholstered with fine red velvet. The room was decorated with a rustic theme and yet with all the velvet, gold and dark red accents, it seemed like we were entering a sultan's underground palace.

A spy with his mouth covered with a black material gestured to the couch; "Sit."

"Princess." I said dryly, pointing out to him that manners were always welcome.