7

I'm mopping the white tile floor... for my guest. I'm cleansing it for him. He can't come to my house seeing my floors dirty... it's not right. My ex husband used to come in with his shoes all dirty... he tracked mud through out the living room and he didn't even dame to clean it up... unbelievable.
He never says anything to me when the floor is clean... he just grunts or smacks his lips with a tooth pick in his mouth... what a crock. I'd like to see him mop his floors whenever his new wife of his comes home from somewhere and then track mud throughout the living room... he wouldn't like that... would he? No. He would have a damn hissy fit like a dumb baby.
He was a dumb husband... but a slightly good lover in bed. Garsh... I miss having someone over in my house... someone.. who could clean my home for me... and make me dinner in the evenings... and then have a marvelous chat with me all night or morning... I miss having a family life. I miss having my children around. They're adults now... they don't need me... they have their own life to tend to... so that's understandable. I'm so proud of all of my children... how great they all turned out to be... I wish I was there with them.. now.
Well, we just have to wish and wish and wish... and hope and hope and hope. And then blow our troubles away... happy days will be here again... Gary.

...

Olive stand still in the middle of the living room and listens to the roughness of the manufactured electricity that is coming from Gary's tank... he is swimming along... watching Olive standing still in silence with his cold soulless fish eyes.
The sounds become rougher and tougher.. in volume... overshadowing all the noises in the room... just floating there in a loop ring... spilling it's intimacy. Olive finishes mopping the floor and puts the mop away in the kitchen and then dumps the dirty mop water in the toilet... she pulls the trigger and flushes it away.