Chapter 1

Eversince i could remember the rains have had an impact on my life.The water.As the storm clouds gather they bring with them darkness,a fear,an unknown life that exists within it.My mother told me i was born in the rainy season."When the first rains of the season came my water broke "she said.I always thought it to be nothing of significance until i started to feel it.I would never get sick when it rained.I would feel alive.I would get lucky and i would sense a wave of energy flowing into my life.I grew up to be a lover of water.Exploring the life in the water.I became an explorer.Focusing mainly on the tales of the waters from different tribes and villages.There always seemed to be a tale or a mystery linked to the water.Here i was on Chimani island.An island located somewhere near the bemuda islands.Unexplored and with little to offer ,many people had been unbothered by its existence living the natives to a peaceful and undisturbed existence.The never ending rain island of Chimanimani.After a king made a pact with a water goddess for wealth and long life,his sacrifice would be the first male child born to his clan.After birthing only female children the goddess got angry and punished the island with never ending rain.As long as there was rain she would lurk in the waters as she awaited her sacrifice.The King died before it was done and he cursed his clan bringing with him a lot of curses and mysterious things to the island.I was intrigued.How exactly had i discovered this little secret.?A native from the island had reached out to me on my email.They had read my stories i had done on other areas were water was associated with either healing,powers,immorality and so on.He had assured me his island had a bigger secret to offer.Something i only had to see in person.He was a student of archaeology and he would take me back to his island on the condition that whatever discovery i would make i would also give him credit.So i packed my bags and set for my adventure.I stepped on the wet ground as i got off the helicoptre.My boots got soaked right to the material on the sides.Bad choice.Why would i bring such shoes to a rain island."This has to get better"I said to myself as i looked around.There were lots of trees and beautiful colorful flowers all around me.I could have sworn i was in paradise.I smiled as i absorbed the smell of the wet earth."We are here"Akiliz said."I thought you said there was rain all the time"I asked taking my suitcases off the helicoptre."Yes but at the same time everytime.From sunset till the sun comes up in the morning.The only time we can have a little dry land is now"he said."I dont understand.How is the island not flooded by now.Rain everynight.It would have sunk from such saturation."i said."Thats the mystery,now youre here maybe you could find out for us.On a lighter note.My brother Chris will take us in his home for our entire stay"He said helping me.I was a little exhausted.I would have loved to settle and get my mind right.I could sense the air on this island.There was something about it.Something that made me feel like i was mearnt to be here.Like i had been here before."Well lets do this"I thought to myself.

End of chapter