Chapter 9

A few hours later i was back at the house.It was raining now.I felt a dose of energy flow through my body when the first drop of rain had come.The water was starting to feed life into me.I walked into the small living room."Hey"Akiliz said looking up at me.He was busy on his computer.God knows what he was doing,just like me Akiliz had an agenda and i was yet to find it."You good"he asked.I smiled" Yep its just been exhausting and all.There is just so much to know about this place.Its like walking into a maze and you know there is a way out but you dont know which route to take to find the way out"i said taking a seat."I know,but dont let it get to your head."he said."Whats been keeping you busy.I thought you would be with me for most of my research.Wouldnt you be interested in knowing what im finding out too" i asked obviously asking what exactly he was hiding from me.He gave a fake smile."Well i will join you tommorow.Chris knows the way around here and i thought you would be more comfortable moving around with someone who actually knows what goes on here"."Yeah youre right." i could see he had a lot on his mind."Coriel when did you intend on leaving here"he asked nervously."Maybe in a week.Im pretty sure i would have covered the skeleton of my research.Why ,Are Chris and Uma uncomfortable now"i asked,maybe i was extending my welcome a little too long."No no love,they are perfectly okay with .Just that i have so much work i need to do and this place only slows me down.Bad reception and all."he said."So when do you want to leave"i asked but before he could answer Chris and Uma walked in.My tummy turned at the thought of them coming from an intense love making session not too long after i had just had my own moment with Chris.The nerve.He would obviously take out the heat on Uma."Hello guys"Chris said.Uma walked in as gracefully as she always did and say near the fire.There was a hidden passion in her eyes,an unfamiliar gleam.I admired it.I wanted it.

"Dad always enjoyed football with us and punny little Akil didnt have either the foot or mind for it."Chris said teasing his brother as we all still sat in the living room sharing random stories.Akiliz scoffed,"man i wasnt that punny,besides i was busy sweeping the ladies off their feet"he said.We all laughed.It was sweet.Their little family."Coriel tell us about your family.Your partner"Uma said,her voice a little demanding.It made me uncomfortable.I looked at Chris for a brief second.The question had caught him by surprise too."Well ummm nothing to talk about my partner because he is not there.My family is in Australia.Im basically a lone wolf"i said.I really had nothing much to say about myself.Its either i was boring or i was still figuring myself out.She gleamed."Aww youll find someone my dear and it will be amazing",she said.It was awkward.I smiled weakly."Anyways im gonna call it a night yall,its been a long day"Akiliz said rescuing the mood.Everyone agreed to going to sleep.Chris stole a glance at me before he left the room behind Uma.I sighed.What a long ass day i had had already.I needed a glass of wine or something stronger.The alcoholic that i was had carried a flask with some tequila.Which was my favourite,it calmed me down or rather created the subtle illusion that all my problems had disappeared. I closed my bedroom door and immediately reached for my suitcase and had a few sips.The rush after a few minutes as the alcohol got in my head.My thoughts ran wild.If the spirit had lured me here.What was the purpose?What did it want with me?I was pretty sure my passion had brought me here.I had done these researches before,from different places and different sources.Why was this place so relevant to connecting the dots to this puzzle.I was somehow very close to my answers but something or someone was probably sabotaging my efforts.Was Chris leading me astray.Was he putting blinkers on me and making me see only what he wanted me to see.He was taking me to places he knew,what about the ones he hadnt shown me.The relevant ones.What if he was protecting his people by making up some stories so i dont find the truth.I had to find a way to explore on my own.Without him there and his sinister plans to try and seduce me and have me forgetting why i had come here in the first place.

"Coriel come on ,they are waiting for us",an unfamiliar face called out to me.I was at the beach and it was dark.I followed the group of people and they led me to a crowd of people celebrating.It was a beach gathering.All unfamiliar people i had never met but i suddenly felt comfortable.I felt at home.A beautiful young woman ran up to me and handed me a crown."Put it on fast,you have to go in front"she said smiling.Her teeth were a heavenly white and her skin was so pale and smooth i could swear it was made of cream.Just as i was raising my hand to wear the crown a force seized it and pushed me to the ground hard i was rolling.My body rolled hard on the  sand and suddenly a puddle appeared sucking me in it.Before i could scream the harsh water from the little pool filled my nose and mouth making it hard for me to breath as it sank me.No one seemed to be bothered by what was happening.I could see them dancing away as they disappeared from my sight.I let my body go ready to die.This was it.A creatures face appeared above me in the water smiling sinisterly as if happy i was dying.Was this hell?Was this it?"Coriel ,Coriel"I could hear my voice being called in the distance before it turned into violent shakes.I gasped for air and i was existing again.Chris was shaking me.He looked relieved as i coughed and got some air in my lungs."What happened?"I asked.He looked confused.The last thing i remembered was having some tequila and thinking out loud and then this.This very bad dream.

End of chapter.
Please like and comment.