chapter 13

I coughed myself awake."Miss miss you cannot sleep in the library"I opened my eyes.I got up and hugged Akil."Akilis youre okay"i said.He broke free."Miss my name is Brandon and im okay.I think you should go home and get some rest.I was confused."Huh"I managed to say.How had i come back home.What was all this?.I picked up my bag and walked to the receptionist."Umm excuse me maam.What day is it today."?I asked.Her finger pointed to the calender.It was exactly 1 year since i had left for the island.I walked out and back to my apartment in confusion.

I swallowed some pills to calm my nerves.I had been depressed.Nothing was making sense.I stood at the beach looking out into the water.What had happened?How had i lost a whole year?."They say if you look closely enough you can see the mermaids dancing in the sea"a familiar voice said.I look behind me."Chris"I said.He smiled."Ex lover?No my name Angelo."he said giving me his hand.Of course..nothing made sense.Why would this?.."I was just doing my weekly beach walks and i was captured by your beauty ehhh???"he said inquiring."Oh ummm Im Hazel."i said awkwardly.This man looked exactly like Chris except he wasnt."Do you believe in mermaids Angelo?"i asked.He smiled."Well im a marine biologist.Ive never come across one but its a beautiful legend but im afraid no.They dont exist."he said.They didnt exist but i had had a whole dream about them,an illusion that seemed all too real."Okay.Well they dont.Youre right i guess."."Umm hey do you wanna have coffee with me"he asked.I nodded."Hey if it makes you feel better.I found this at this beach.I think you should have it.Consider it a gift from the ocean".It was a silver chain with a sparkly stone.I remembered it.She has gifted me with this.It wasnt a dream.It was real.I looked at Angelo.Was he a gift too.

I looked back at the ocean as we walked off and there they were.Dancing.

LETS KEEP THE SECRETS OF THE MERMAIDS.

THE END.

Thank you all for reading.