Chapter 7

I clutched the handles of my backpack as i made my way to the beach.I traced the water edge down to a very green and beautiful reed forest.In one of my internet researches i was made aware of a reed that grows close to where the mermaids or water spirits would come out and  bask in the sun.This was the reed.I got so excited and i took out my phone to start recording when someone seized it from me.I was so startled i couldnt even scream."Whoa whoa dont worry its me".It was Chris.Was he a merman.Why was he here suddenly.Jumping out of nowere."What are you doing here"i asked trying to take the camera and finding my way of thinking childish and ridiculous.He grabbed my hand and brought me close to him."I knew you would try and sneak off and get some answers after what happened last night.From the little i know about you,your fear leads you right into the mouth of what you fear."he said.I gulped and looked up at him.I could smell him.I could feel him.So close to me."Mmmm"i said calming down from the fright.I shook my hand free."Are you upset about the other thing that happened last night"he said following me as i walked further down into the green land."What other thing Chris happened last night"i asked not daring to look behind me."Me and you.We kissed."he said.I stopped and looked at him."No you kissed me.And honestly it was okay"i said.He rolled his eyes."Okay,just okay?"he said obviously offended.I sighed."I said just okay.Thats how it was."He laughed."So where are you going?"he asked a few seconds later."I found a shell with a necklace in it.I intend to find out who left it for me."i said.He hurried his steps towards me."Wait you got a gift.From the water?"he asked surprised.His facial expression had changed."Is it a bad thing?"i asked.He shook his head."I dont know"he said.He looked really uncertain of what this really mearnt but somehow he was a bit afraid of what it mearnt.I stopped walking.He grabbed my waist and turned me around and lifted me.Nature had my thighs wrapped around his waist or rather the fear of falling flat on my back.i hung my hands around his neck."Look Coriel i know you seek answers instantly but i wouldnt want that desperation to lead you into the wrong places.I will help you get your answers but you have to trust me.Will you"he said.I was quiet.I knew he was asking me to patient.To not take short cuts.Could i even trust him or he was just trying to buy time so he could hold me like this for a little longer.Either way i was buying it."Yes i will"i said softly ,the woman in me coming out.He gently kissed me.I kissed him back slowly,savouring the taste of his lips,never wanting this moment to end."What about Uma"i said breaking away from the kiss.He opened his eyes slowly as if i had just disturbed a sweet dream."What about now,this moment.You and me".How typical.I had been through this before.You ask him about the other woman and he would swerve and avoid that question as if he did not have the answers.I was not going to let this man distract my mission.As exciting as this all was.He put me down."She is so unhappy here.When you came here ,you gave me life Coriel.You gave me what ive been missing.Someone who appreciates this life and is patient to see the wonders of my home.The home i hoped to share with my better half and children.Uma wont even let me touch her.She says the babies will be unearthly things conceived in all this confusion.But its because she is not opening her heart to understand that confusion."he said."So im just something to get your mind off that?a distraction?" i asked."No if it came out that way.im sorry.You just give me life.Since youve been here ive had so much energy.If it means anything.i too want to find answers to these mysteries.ive lived all my life here but its only now that i want to open my eyes and see this place for what it really is.i want to go everywere with you until we unfold it all.".That was heartwarming.I felt the nasty fat around my heart melt."Well,i see lets start by behaving now can we"i said.He nodded with a naughty smile."Your wish is my command.Come on lets go to someone i know with that gift.We might find some useful information that can help us".I smiled and started following him back to the direction of home.

End of chapter

Please vote and like.Im keeping the chapters real short and sweet so the plot moves along faster.Thank you for reading yalls.XoXo