Chapter 10

Chris still looked at me.Waiting as if i was the one with the explanation."I must have fallen asleep and had a nightmare.Why are you here?"i asked."Well i just came in to check on you and you were not answering but you were screaming.Ive been trying to wake you up for about 10 minutes now.I thought you were gone."he said.He looked genuinely worried."Im fine"i said wiping the sweat off my face."Coriel,you need to go back home.This place is not good for you.It will kill you.Clearly it doesnt want you digging deeper than youve dug.Please, I will have Akil take you back.Its not worth it and im sure from the little youve gathered youve got a story there"he said to me."But how have all of you survived"i asked."We dont question why things are the way they are.We live.We let it be.And that keeps her happy"he said.I was upsetting their water goddess by trying to find out if she was real and now she wanted to kill me in my dreams.How was all this possible.Chris took my hand in his."Listen Coriel,i care about you.I care about your work.I dont want it to be the death of you."he said.He cared for me like he cared for another human being i guessed or he felt sorry for me.The poor foreigner who was going to die in  his village.He would forget me the moment i faced the direction of my home but looking at him now made me feel tingly and warm.Our lips fells easily on each other.I could not wait any longer,neither could he.The tassle between my hands and his belt was like a tug of war.An intense and long awaited tug of war.Uncaring of the world around us Chris's body fell on mine and his rawness entered me carelessly.Caught up in the passion we had lit a fire we could not put out.He groaned on top on me and i begged him to take me harder."Hurt me"he groaned asking for punishement for the sin he had just committed.My hand fell on his face with a slap.He went harder on me until moments later he rolled over the side of the bed.His fingers found my warm place which he toyed with until i felt a familiar shiver run down inbetween and legs.I moaned silently.He kissed me."I love you"he said in the heat of the moment."Please stay the night.Im scared"i whispered.He kissed me gently and hugged me tightly in his arms like he would never let me go.I folded myself into his embrace and i felt my eyes get heavy in the comfort.Uma's fingers fell down my door.She had been standing there the whole time.She was emotionless.She could not react.She simply wouldnt.She hugged herself warm and walked away.

Akiliz was shocked to hear a tap on his door.The doorknob turned and it was Uma.He quickly sat up."What are you doing ?"he asked rubbing his eyes."Im ready to go,tommorow send me away.I cant stand this place any longer.Im losing my mind.Im seeing things.I cant.I just cant."she said tears falling down her face.Akiliz got up and got her."Its okay,I will send you back home.Chris loves you.Are you ready to live that love behind"he asked."Chris is going to be just fine."she said refusing to say what she had just heard.Akiliz held her until she calmed down.Akiliz knew it.He knew his brother too well.He had started falling for the new girl.Poor Uma.She really had to go before she lost her mind."Please please go back to bed and act normal.I will tell you the plan as soon as we wake up okay Uma.Please go back to bed.If we raise alarm the plans will be useless."he said to Uma.She walked out hesitantly.One thought was to walk right on her husband and kill that woman but that would only send her into eternal insanity.She would just walk away.Yes she would walk away.Uma tucked herself in her bed.It was cold and lonely.The rain was falling heavier than before.Uma felt her body shiver.She couldnt keep still.She sat up in her bed."Ummmmaa,Ummmma" a melodic voice called out to her.Uma looked at the figure coming from outside.It swirled into the room until a woman's figure came in and sat on the bed.Uma froze unable to speak or move.She was parallised.The woman had her head down and she started crying,a slow and eerie wailing that sent goosebumps all over Uma's skin."Who are you"Uma manager to whisper under her paralysis."I can take it away.I can take the pain away."she said before looking at Uma.He creature face snared silently scalping Uma's soul.Uma fell back as the creature lifted her and carried her off the both.Both of them disappeared into the night.She was gone.Gone with the water.
My eyes opened.It was still night time and it was still raining.Chris was watching me."Youre not sleeping.You okay?"He smiled and kissed me.I closed my eyes and brought him close.I was ready for him.I wanted it to last forever.Our hands intertwined into a passionate union.Chris was nothing like any man i had seen.His touch was like a thousand little electrical shocks sending my mind into a craze.I let him take me and i cared less what was behind these walls we were in.I cared not for what was lurking in the rain.

End of chapter