Chapter 6

So much had happened in one night and i couldnt shake off the mixed feelings i had.It felt like an eternity waiting for the break of dawn.Chris,damn Chris.It all could have been a dream.An illusion by this water spirit or my mind playing tricks on me in a desperate bid to make out a story.After  all this island was capable of such deceit.I woke up as soon as the light shone through the window.Somehow i had dossed off eventually.I quickly got in the shower.The water was suprisimgly rejuvinating.As if i had done a lot of work in my sleep and the water was massaging my body and relaxing the tension in my muscles.All the time in my head i was thinking about what had taken place in the night.I was even embarrased to face Uma.I got out of the bathroon and ran a towel through my wet hair.My eyes moved slowly across the room,near the window were the mysterious light had come from last night.On the ground was a shiny shell with water sorrounding it.As if somehow had just fished it out of the water and dropped it on the ground.I dropped my towel and walked towards it.I looked out the window.There was no one there.I gathered the courage to pick the shell up.It was heavy.It was velvety to the touch.I noticed under the two shells stuck together was something shining through the gap.I split it open.I gasped both in shock and fear.It was a silver necklace with a shining stone.A red stone in the middle of it .It was the most beautiful thing i had come across in my life.Had she left this gift for me last night.In my confusion and disbelief i put away the gift in my bag.My mind was now on the cave.Thats were i would find her.If only i could get anyone to take me there which seemed like an impossible task considering people thought or knew it was walking to their death.A few minutes later i was dressed and dreading to leave the room.I stayed on my computer taking down the events of the night.Something about this mamiwatha story had to be true.The human mind as intelligent as it is ,could not possibly be able to create something thats not there,thats non-existent.Maybe not in the form claimed by people but in another humanly form,the mamiwatha legend had a truth to it and i was more than eager to find out.I was in too deep.I snapped out of my own mind when i heard a knock on the door."Please come in"i said feeling rather lazy to walk all the way to the door.Her bright smile,that never faded.In a whole year i could count a few days were i walk up with enough energy let alone a smile."Good morning Uma"i said kindly.I felt obliged to be kind.I had kissed her husband for Petes sake.She seemed oblivious."Goodmorning Coriel.Im so happy to see you looking alive.Please may i come in"She said still standing by the door."Please please do come in.Yes im alive"i replied feeling a sisterly wave flow between us.She walked in and sat at the edge of the bed.She sighed."Chris told me you had a visitation last night.I thought i was crazy when i first came here.Until i realised how serious this is.This island Coriel does something to you.It takes life from you."She said.I looked at her assuring her i was listening and i wanted her to say more."Ive wanted to leave,and go back home countless times but Chris ,he wont let me.He is not the men i married.He changed as soon as we got here.I thought i was imagining things but Coriel i swear to you.That man is not the same man i married and fell in love with in America.I dont want to scare you but youll feel changes even inside you.You start to believe a truth thats not there and when you do you become a part of it.A part of this unreastic lie.Maybe i have lost my mind too ."She said a deep and saddening look forming on her face.I didnt know what to say or how to react.Everyone had their own truth.I could believe what i wanted to believe or i could go and experience it by myself.But she was right.It did get to your head.I was feeling the change including the need to be right close to him.Right next to her man.I dismissed myself in a bid to escape the intense conversation.Uma pouring out her heart to me,i couldnt bear it.Akiliz and Chris were not in sight.Perfect time for me to explore without them telling me were to go and were not to.

End of Chapter