Chapter 1

TJ'S POV

For my entire life, I never realized how good one person could make me feel. I never thought it would be a guy. I mean, I've crushed on some before but he was just the game changer for me. He was the one who made me accept the fact that - well, I'm gay. I never thought of it. I felt different from everyone on the basketball team, who was talking about girls and who they were going on dates with. I wanted to feel comfortable with them, just a bit different. I wish I lived in a world where you didn't have to come out.
Same TJ, I feel ya.

I got him a muffin. I pushed him playfully a lot. I made excuses to touch him. It sounds disgusting, but stop thinking that way. I defended him from Buffy, telling her, "Don't tell him what he can't do." I think that changed it.

I went to the park to cool down, but I saw him swinging already. He looked like he was there for the same reason I was. I used my "spy" skills, and started to watch him. The tune I heard from him was adorable.

"Legs go up, legs go down. That's how we make the swing go round. Drag your feet, you go slow. the more you drag, the less you go. Legs go-"

"Nice song," I interrupted, "what do you sing when you're on the slide?"

He looked at me, but he looked a bit startled, but frightened. Did I really look that intimidating? I never noticed. Well, maybe I have, but you people reading don't need to know.

"We go down, we say yay. We don't climb up, that's the wrong way..." He did sound a bit shy. Was he opening up to me?

"Hm. Did not expect you had a song for that..." I said, astonished by how adorable he wa- wait, did I call him adorable?

"Chocolate chocolate chip muffin, right?" I asked.

I already had a nickname for him. it started everything. It's where it all began. Oh, it was the muffin.

"Scary basketball guy." He replied, innocently, I assume.

Listen, I know I seem scary, but at least have a different nickname for me? Jeez.

I didn't realize my facial expression had changed, but I got off the pole that I was leaning on.

"Actually, TJ." I told him, with a weird tone in my voice.

"I know. Cyrus." He replied.

Thank God he wasn't scared that time. It's like he's already opening up to me, but why? I act so coldly to his friends, only to feel better about myself. It's just the way I grew up. I was constantly being put down. For everything that I did.

"So, you hang out here a lot?" I asked, it sounded like those cliche pick up lines, but it was too late.

"Only when i'm feeling bad about myself," He said, "so, fairly often."

Wait, what do you have to feel bad about yourself for? You seem normal to me. you're cute, adorable, dork-

I need to stop. I'm going way too gay for this kid.
But I liked it.

"Does it help?" I asked.

"Helps me," Cyrus said reassuringly, "go on, you look like you need it."

I sat on the swing, and started swinging. He was right, it did make me feel better.

"Wow, this does kinda make me feel better!" I said, excitingly.

"What do you need to feel better about? You're the captain of the basketball team!" Cyrus said, a bit confused.

"You don't know me, I've got stuff." I said to him.

"Bet you I got more stuff." He tried to compete with me? Not today.

"Bet you I can swing higher." I said.

"I'm afraid to swing high. That's part of my stuff."

I felt bad? I wanted him to be up there with me. He deserves to be that high.

"WOO! I don't know why I ever stopped swinging! Come on, get up here!" i yelled.

"This is as up as I go." He said. He seemed scared.

"WOO!" I yelled as I jumped off the swing. I will not regret the next thing I was going to do. Ever.

I felt so good about myself then, he deserved as much as I did. I started pushing him on the swing. He looked so happy then.

"Underdog!" I yelled, running below the swing as he screamed going up. It was adorable.

"That was exhilarating!" He yelled, while screaming excitingly.

"You want another one?" I asked.

"No thank you!" He told me confidently.

"Mmm, too bad." I said, pouting my lips. I continued to push him.

I heard a voice call out to Cyrus, "Cyrus, are you ok?"

Oh crap, it was Buffy. I immediately stopped.

"I-I gotta go." I said to Cyrus.

Buffy saw me. "TJ?" She was surprised.

"TJ, you don't have to. Buffy, she's really c-" Cyrus tried to reassure me, but it didn't work. I had to leave this place.

"Yeah, no," I interrupted him," "but thanks for reminding me about swinging. That helped." I said. It was true. It really did.

"I'm out." I said, getting my backpack and running from the park.

As I started running from the park, there was only one thing going through my mind. Cyrus. Did I really have a crush on him at that moment?

I need him. He makes me feel so good about myself. I want to protect him. No, I have to protect him.

I guess I have a crush on Cyrus Goodman.

  -------------------------------------------------------  

I guess I was being unoriginal. I had the swing scene up with some of my own creativity in TJ's mind - but I guess it turned out well. I was listening to Lemon Boy by Cavetown since I am a Tyrus STAN, okay?

TJ and Cyrus have had so much chemistry ever since they met. So much has happened between them and I really hope it continues, don't you guys agree?

Next chapter will come out either next week or even before, if I get to it.

In the meantime, 3 x 7 comes out on Friday, are you guys excited? I surely am.

I added the whole playlist of the TJ's Playlist fanfic onto my Spotify playlist and I love it all