Chapter 3

CYRUS' POV

Wait, was he really asking this?

"Well... I just knew, why are you asking?" I said.

"I-I gotta go." TJ said, running out of my house.

Okay then...

A WEEK LATER, TJ'S POV

I brought Cyrus to the dirt bike track with Lester and Reed.

It's something that I've regretted ever since I brought him there.

I've been trying to call and text him, but he's seemed to block my number.

I caught a glimpse of him in the cafeteria. Andi and Buffy dragged him away from me. I was feeling so many emotions inside, like they were about to burst out of me.

I didn't know Reed was going to bring a gun.

I would've never brought him there.

It's why I told Metcalf about the gun.

These were all of the thoughts that I was thinking while I was looking at my ceiling, so close to crying. I couldn't help it.

I started sobbing uncontrollably, so loudly that everyone could hear it in my house. Amber came into my room with a shocked look on her face.

She ran up to my bed and gave me the tightest hug I could've ever gotten my entire life.

"TJ, tell me what's wrong. I'm here for you." Amber said, with so much empathy in her voice. I think she was being serious. Did Andi change her that much?

"E-e-everything," I said between sobs. "I-i-it hurts to think."

"Why?" Amber asked.

I tried to stop crying. "Amber, I think I'm gay," I muttered, but loud enough for her, and only her, to hear.

"You think I haven't noticed?" Amber replied, with a smile. Her eyes were filling up with tears. "I'm so glad you've told me, little bro."

"Me too..." I said, with a tear falling off my face.

"Was it Cyrus? No offense." Amber asked, winking at me.

"H-he's the reason why I'm feeling this way. I hurt him, and I didn't want to strain our friendship that way. It's not like he likes me back, or anything." I told her.

"IT'S LITERALLY SO OBVIOUS THAT YOU'RE MEANT FOR EACH OTHER!" Amber yelled, hugging me even tighter. "You've changed so much ever since you two met, and I'm happy that it's been that way."

"I mean, we did look back at each oth-" I said, before being interrupted.

"That's your answer." Amber said.

Right. The lookback.

If they turn back to look at you, they like you, not just as a friend.

CYRUS' POV

So much has happened lately. I don't want to avoid TJ, I just can't.

I like him. More than "friendly".

Every time I think of him now, I feel terrible.

I did need to leave though. I did not feel safe at all when Reed showed me the gun in his bag.

I looked up at the sky, and silently started crying.

I went back into my room, and texted Buffy.