Chapter 9

WARNING: Emotional, descriptions of serious injury, hospital death mentions.

NOTE: The text format I used to use, I'm too lazy to get it.

Tears were forming in TJ's eyes as the man on the phone was explaining everything to him. He was devastated, and he couldn't keep it to himself. He took a quick glance at Cyrus, Andi, and Buffy who all had looks of concern on their faces.

TJ hung up the phone immediately after he heard the sounds of sirens through the phone, and sat down as quick as he could. He felt a burning sensation in him as everyone in the entire was looking at him in confusion.

Buffy was the first to speak up.

"Whatever "tea" you want to get out of this, turn your heads around before I screw them off of your heads!" She yelled as multiple people turned their heads, back to their food.

TJ slammed his face down on the table in front of him and started letting everything out, without giving a damn in the world about everyone around him. Cyrus put his hand on the back of TJ's head as a reassurance as TJ put his head up, and laid it on Cyrus' shoulder.

Andi gave TJ a face that told him that it was ok. "If you don't want to tell us what happened, it's alright. But if you do, it will stay with us. Promise."

TJ hesitated for a second, then started looking down. Cyrus put his head back up, and kissed him on the cheek. He gave him a small grin, before tearing up and frowning again.

"They told me that my dad was in a head-on car accident, and the car flipped over multiple times before it stopped. The dude who did it drove away." TJ took a breath, then continued. "They told me to stay here, the man said that he looked really bad but they'll call if they need me."

Andi and Buffy moved over to the other side of the booth as they gave TJ the tightest hug that was humanly possible.

TJ's phone rang from an unfamiliar number. He didn't care as at this point, he was willing to answer any phone call. He was waiting for a call.

"Hello?" He asked, as Cyrus hugged him for support. He smiled.

His smile fell once again, as he started to hyperventilate. Andi and Buffy pulled away letting Cyrus do what he needed to help TJ calm down.

"It's okay, it's okay, breathe, breathe," Cyrus said as he was rubbing TJ's back. "Close your eyes, take a breath."

TJ's heartbeat went back to normal, and he stopped sweating. He was starting to breathe normally again.

"I really have to go to the hospital." TJ finally said, as he got up from his seat, looking back at Cyrus as he walked out the door.

Buffy spoke up as the silence from the rest of the GHC started.

"Let's follow him. He needs someone with him."

Andi and Cyrus nodded in agreement as they all ran out the door, going towards the hospital.

TJ ran into a pillar once he got to the hospital, and fell down. He immediately got up as his adrenaline was pumping, and everything around him, he didn't care about.

The electronic sliding doors for Shadyside's hospital opened up as he got closer. He ran to the receptionist's desk and started to talk.

"Is there anyone under the name Kippen?" He asked quickly.

The receptionist typed lightning fast on the keyboard as she nodded.

"Room 230B, ICU." She answered.

TJ ran as fast as he could to the room, and opened the door. He stopped after seeing how his dad looked.

He had cuts all over his body and face, which were still bleeding. They were being wiped off by a nurse, who was shaking her head as the monitor next to his dad was beeping, slowly. TJ gagged at the sight of seeing all these serious injuries on his dad. There were gashes, scars, blood, and even pieces of glass all over the room. TJ lost hope.

He ran up to his dad even while he was being pulled back by the nurses, which in response he glared at them.

His dad opened his eyes and all he did was smile at him.

TJ's vision became blurry with tears once again as he could see his dad crying as well.

"There's no way I could make it," His dad chuckled.

"You're in terrible condition and all you could do is joke about it?" TJ replied, before breaking down in front of his dad. "Do you not imagine how terrible I'd live without you?"

His dad managed to put his hand on TJ's face, but he struggled to keep it from shaking. TJ held it as his dad started to speak.

"You have your mother, your boyfriend, your sister? It's like I never left. You'll be completely fine." TJ's dad said slowly.

TJ's memories with him and his dad popped up before he started to sob again. He looked at his dad who was still smiling at him, tears in his eyes as well.

TJ turned around after hearing steps behind the window. Andi, Buffy, and Cyrus were on the chairs in front of the room waiting. He got a text from Cyrus.

Cy 💖: if you're reading this, you need to keep talking to your dad.

TJ smiled at his phone, and looked at his dad. He was still smiling at him.

"Cyrus, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah," TJ replied. "He's outside."

The heart monitor next to the hospital bed slowly started to get closer to a flatline, as it started beeping faster.

TJ was scared. He looked at his dad, and his eyes were slowly drooping.

Amber and his mom burst into the room with tears all over the place.

"J-just in t-time." TJ's dad said slowly, before smiling.

"Dad," Amber said as she held his hand, "I love you, okay?" She started to cry.

"Jeff, just remember that I love you. Our life was amazing together." She too couldn't keep her tears to herself.

TJ's dad turned his eyes to TJ, before speaking slowly.

"H-h-have f-fun, o-okay? I-I l-love y-you a-all..." He managed to say, before his eyes closed completely.

The monitor showed the flat line on the cardiograph, showing that it was all over.

His dad, who was supportive for everything that he's ever done, was gone.

"I love you, dad." TJ said before walking out of the door.

TJ took a quick glance at Andi, Buffy, and Cyrus, who were all waiting for something to come out of him. Their faces were all broken with empathy, as Cyrus started to cry.

"He was great." Cyrus said.

"I know that." TJ replied, smiling.

TJ and Cyrus shared a hug, not caring that Andi and Buffy were right in front of them. Cyrus pulled away first, before talking more.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, I'll be fine." TJ replied, before crying into Cyrus' shoulder.

Cyrus put his hand on the back of TJ's head once again, before pulling it up. TJ and Cyrus shared a quick look for one second before sharing a kiss.

He needed it after everything that happened recently. That was all he needed.

It was one of the most devastating days in TJ's life, but luckily, he had people there to support not only him, but his entire family for what they were about to deal with in the coming days.

Cyrus didn't mind if TJ needed emotional support. He recommended him to see his parents for what he just went through, and TJ reluctantly agreed to it.

What a roller coaster for everyone.