Chapter 7

TJ'S POV

Christmas Day. For many people, the day's what you could make it. You could either make it amazing, or completely ruin it.

The mall was one of my best choices whenever I'd choose a gift. It's the first time that I've been here in a while, and it was the perfect spot to get a gift. That's what my mom told me before she passed away.

I went inside a stuffed toy store to see what I could get there. Cyrus was still a dorky kid inside, and that's partly what I love about him, aside from the million other amazing qualities about him.

As I walked in, I was greeted with cheerful Christmas music, and kids and parents everywhere. They were all happily looking through the shelves for anything they wanted. That gave me hope.

"Anything specific you're looking for, young man?" The manager asked. I was startled, but it was alright.

"No, thank you." I replied, smiling.

There was a food section filled with baskets of stuffed food, which was hilarious. The first thing I thought about when I saw it was "chocolate chocolate chip muffin".

FLASHBACK

"You have to get my friend Cyrus here, a chocolate chocolate chip muffin. Then we have a deal" Buffy told me, pulling Cyrus towards me. I needed a tutor really badly in order to stay on the basketball team.

Did I mention that I was bad at math?

I looked at the startled boy, as I turned soft. I've never met him before, and he looked adorable. I've always thought that I was gay, but that never crossed my mind.

"You can't get your own muffin?" I asked, confused.

"I didn't need this extra level of embarrassment," Cyrus replied, "but no."

"Well I can do it, but," I looked at Cyrus, smiling, "teach a man to fish?"

He smiled back at me as I put my arm around his shoulder.

"Walk to the muffin, like you already own it." I said, pointing to the plate holding the muffins.

"He can't do that," Buffy interrupted.

"Hey, don't tell him what he can't do." I said, standing up for Cyrus.

"Dancing with danger is on my bucket list!" Cyrus said with confidence. This kid has a bucket list? He's mine. "Then what do I do?" He asked.

"Take the muffin." I answered.

"That's it?" He asked.

"Just don't let anybody get in your way." I said. I was trying to help him get out of his comfort zone, but nobody had to know that. He started to walk away, going towards the muffin. I pushed him to get closer to the plate. My advice was (sort of) working. He put his hand around the muffin.

"Mind if I..." He started to say, as students started hollering at him.

I walked awfully close next to him, using my intimidating aura. "Hey, he's with me!" I yelled, as the cafeteria got dead silent.

Cyrus took the muffin and looked at it with open eyes. "You're gonna taste so sweet." He said, before biting into the muffin.

I walked by Buffy, and told her, "I'll need at least a C+."

BACK TO REALITY

Perfect. I found a stuffed chocolate chocolate chip muffin, much to my surprise. I went to the counter and paid for it.

"Who's this for?" The manager asked.

I hesitated, before saying, "My boyfriend."

"He'll love it." The manager said, as I walked out the door, "Merry Christmas!"