The Veiled Beauty

Chapter 22: The Veiled Beauty

Quote of the Day: "Your hijab is the chest and your beauty is the treasure. Don't wear it for people 'cuz they change like the weather. Don’t let them get the best of you and fall under pressure. Just wear it for Allah (SWT) because good deeds last forever."

The Veiled Beauty

By Dawud Wharnsby Ali

They say, "Oh you poor girl, you're so beautiful, you know it’s a shame that you cover up your beauty so." She just smiles and graciously responds reassuringly, "This beauty that I have is just one simple part of me. This body that I have, no stranger has the right to see. These long clothes, this shawl I wear, ensure my modesty. Faith is more essential than fashion, wouldn't you agree?"

This hijab, this mark of piety, is an act of faith, a symbol for all to see. A simple cloth, to protect her dignity. So lift the veil of your heart to see the heart of purity.

They tell her, "Girl, don't you know this is the west and you are free? You don't need to be oppressed, ashamed or your femininity." She just shakes her head and speaks so assuredly, "See the billboards and the magazines that line the check out isles, with phony painted faces and their air brushed smiles? Well their sheer clothes and low cut gowns are not really for me. You call it freedom, I call it anarchy."

This hijab, this mark of piety, is an act of faith, a symbol for all to see. A simple cloth, to protect her dignity. So lift the veil of your heart to see the heart of purity.

Lift the veil from your heart and seek the heart of purity.

submitted by ChocolateQueen101

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughter and the women of the believers to draw cloaks round them (when they go out the door). That will be appropriate, so that they may not be recognized and annoyed." (33:59)

To those of you still asking, "WHY HIJAB" Allah (SWT) explains the reason right there. He is supplying women with a form of protection, so that they will not be harassed and bothered by others.

Women are naturally beautiful, Allah (SWT) created females so that they would have such beauty. Every woman is beautiful, but that beauty isn't for all to see.

Once a flower met a pearl.

Flower: I have a very big family. Roses and daises are members of the family. They all have very distinctive scents and appearances.

[Suddenly the Flower looks upset]

Pearl: Nothing you say is sad. Then why do you looks so distressed?

Flower: Humans deal with us carelessly; they do not grow us for our sake but to get pleasure from our fragrance and beautiful appearance, then throw us on the street or garbage after using us.

[The Flower sighs]

Tell me about your life! How do you feel? You're buried in the bottom of the sea.

Pearl: Although I have none of your distinctive colors or scents, humans think I'm precious. They do the impossible to procure me. I live in a thick shell isolated in the dark seas. However I'm happy and proud to be in a safe zone far from wanton and mischievous hands, and still the humans consider me highly valuable.

What does the Flower and Pearl symbolize?

The Flower is the unveiled woman who shows her charms & the Pearl is the veiled woman who conceals them.