Chapter 26: Just Wait

[Kaitelyn's POV]

I may have been running for an hour now and I dont where I am right now. Im completely lost. I dont have my phone, not that I own one. I dont know why I ran away, I just felt that im just a intruder in Katy's life. So I thought if I just leave, they'll be happy again. I dont wanna be a burden. Being with Katy is nice. Its a dream come true. But seeing her so stressed with her career and stuff makes me sad. I want her to be happy again like she used to be. "Hey kid. You lost or something?" says the man who sat beside me. Katy said I shouldnt talk to strangers so I wont talk to this one.
"Oh I havent introduced myself yet. Im Adam and you are?" "Kaitelyn." He looked at me and then he stood up. "Lets get you home. Its not good for kids to stay outside at night." He grabbed my hand but I instantly pulled it back. "I cant go back to my house. I cant." Tears started to build up on my eyes. I kept shooking my head and I felt the man lift me up and placed me on his hips. "Well, you can stay at my place if you would like." I yawned and just nodded. He seems to be a nice man so I trust him. He held me in his hips and we walked to his house. His house was huge just like Katy's. Maybe he's famous too like Katy. "Im the only one who lives here so, its kinda quiet in here." I just nodded at him and he led me to the kitchen. "Im making mac n' cheese is that okay?" Again, I nodded.

We were laughing and conversing while we were eating. This man is not bad at all so maybe, I can trust him. "So, we've been talking for a while now and I dont even know your name. My name is Adam for you to know." And then he smiled at me. "My name is Kaitelyn." Then I shyly smiled at him. "All right kiddo. Lets get you clean up shall we?" He said while recognizing a couple of stains in my shirt. He carried me again and he placed me on the counter top. He starts to fill up the tub and got a towel ready. "Okay its ready. C'mon." He placed me on the tub and he started washing my body.

"You know, we have to contact your mom somehow to know that you're safe right?" I sighed and looked at him. We were on his bed all laid out. Does he really have to do that? I mean, does he even know Katy's number? He looks rich, but not all rich person can have Katy's number. "Do you really have to?", He just nodded and again I sighed. Maybe he'll find a way to contact Katy and there's no point to stop him. "Okay. But maybe call my mom tomorrow. Im tired." He smiled at me and he let me snuggle with him.

Next day

I woke up with the blinds already open. I looked at the digital clock and saw itbwas already 9:30. I got up and headed downstairs. I walked in the kitchen and didnt saw the man, Adam there instead a saw a pretty woman cooking. "Goodmorning dear! You must be Kaitelyn. I am Maddie." Where's the man? Why is this lady doing here? "Adam left for a urgent meeting. He would be back in the afternoon. For the meantime, eat some breakfast dear." I sat on the chair and ate quitely. "I should run you a bath. I'll be right back." And then she disappeared into the kitchen and run me a bath upstairs. Just wait for me to come home, mom.

[Katy's POV]

"Shan! Its been 24 hours! What are we going to do!?" I sobbed at Shannon. Kaitelyn was already missing over the past 24 hours. "We should look for her Kate. She's not going to magically appear in this house. We should contact the police again." I grabbed my phone on the table and wiped a few tears away from my eyes. I dialled 911 and waited until the operator was on. I reported Kaitelyn and finally, they agreed on finding Kaitelyn as soon as possible. I also contacted my friends to help me find Kaitelyn. I know that I should have done this the night before but, Shannon said that I was a wreck that I couldnt even speak well. "Johnny and the others are gonna help. Lets go find Kaitelyn Shanon." We both stood up and walked out the front door with Shannon holding the key to my car. Im going to find you Kait. Just wait.

Filler chapter. Sorry if I havent updated for so long. But im gonna update again just wait