"Give me the Gold"

Janella's P●O●V

            "So you've been on the news. It must feel great to be a celebrity." He began, still not making eye-contact with her.

His voice began to send chills down Janella's back, and in her mind she became a little afraid but she dare not show it. They had just pulled up to a hotel- and she was scared of his intentions or what they would say/do.

Keeping her act together, she decided it'd be best to respond; rather than show her fear.

            "I wouldn't say great. In fact, I'm not even a celebrity."

            "Oh, but on the contrary."

She did not move her head, but instead directed her eyes in his way.

            "Well, you sir, seem to not have your facts straight."

            "Yet, that's where you're wrong."

The way he lengthened his words made her realize that he did mean business. What could he possibly want with her? She wasn't famous- she wasn't in the . . . oh-

Arrogantly, he scrambled out of the vehicle and proceeded towards her door.  She shouldn't have yanked his shirt earlier- giving him the time to snap hand cuffs onto her wrists, but she had no other way of making her point.

            "Ow!" she cried as he ripped her arms, jerking her in his direction and outside the car. The driver then happily sped away.

How many people are in on this abduction?

Sneaking in, the abductor met his worst nightmare.

            "Hi! Welcome to Cheshire's finest hotel!"

Cheshire. Janella played over in her mind. She was in Cheshire! Now she just had to figure out how to call for help.

            "Uh excuse me! Hi, yes- where is your bathroom?" she asked rather politely.

            "Hello, yes it's right over there to my right! I guess I'll get you and your boyfriend . . . situated in your room. In the meanwhile, sir, do you mind coming with me?"

Yes! She finally had time to call for help!

Reaching the bathroom, she plunged into her pockets to find her cell phone.

Where- Where is it? Oh no!

She had completely forgot about Harry having her cell phone. Now she had no way of calling for help! Wait. . . was there anyone else in her family that she might have had their phone? Memory, memory, memory: her dad!

Remembering that she had been carrying her dad's phone, she searched frantically to find his phone- where ever she may have put it!

It wasn't there! What was she possibly going to do? In the car she had overheard the driver telling the kidnapper about 'gold'. She didn't know what it meant but she knew he wanted it- and she had a feeling she was it.

Looking around the bathroom, she gazed at all the hotel posters and brochures along the walls. Excitingly, she found her way to a weird, familiar- looking device.

E-mer-gen-c-y Ph-o-n-e.

Emergency Phone! She was saved! Running over to the phone, she scanned her memory for any numbers that she could remember.

Um . . . oh! My dad's phone! Maybe I had given him his phone before all this happened!

Panting, she dialed the number in hopes that he would pick up. Hoping, her fears grew worse.

*  *  *

Paul's P●O●V

            "Hello?"

            "He- AGH!!!"

            "Get off that phone!" a deep voice yelled in the background. "Who are you talking to?"

            "Stop! Let go of me! Help!"

            "Who is this? Hello?"

            "My name is Janella Ericks we are in Cheshire at apparently Cheshire's finest hotel. That's all I know! I don't have my phone and I remembered this number from somewhere so called it. Please help! He's kidnapped me!"

And that was all Paul heard because the phone switched off. He had contacted Janella- and she was in deep trouble.

A little shocked at what had just played out before him into his ears, he quickly returned to his senses and dialed Harry's phone.

            "Paul! Any news?" he immediately asked; picking up his phone- seconds after Paul had called.

            "Yeah- she's in Cheshire; Harry, I think they want something from you- and it's not Janella."

            "What could they possibly want if it's not her- money? Fine, I'll give them money for her ransom!"

            "I'm not sure if that's what it is either . . . but we'll have to find out! Come on- we've got to go get her- and I think I know exactly which place to get her."

*  *  *