Chapter Seven

"Don't you dare laugh" Yuna glared at him as he tried to stifle a laugh.

Jihoon cleared his throat - still trying his best not to crack a smile - as he asked "How did you end up in this situation. I mean what did you even bet on?"

"A game of Snakes and Ladders"

That drove Jihoon to the edge. He laughed out as Yuna tried to shut him up with the old trick of shin kicking.

"Okay. Okay. I'll stop" he chuckled as she just scowled at him. He looked her as she pouted with anger. "Why did you even agree with it in the first place?"

"It was Snakes and Ladders for Pete's sake!" She blurted out. "It was my game. I mean you can't even beat me no matter how many times you tried to -" Well that is true "- so who would have thought that my Dad would beat me? Plus Seongwoo was all the way pressuring me. I bet those two teamed up to cheat so that I would lose."

In response Jihoon flicked his finger at her forehead. She was about to curse him out but he cut her off by saying "Snakes and Ladders is a game of luck, you weirdo. So why would you bet something like that on chance? And against your father. That man is more competitive than you!"

Yuna sighed in response as she hit her head against the railings of the stairs mumbling something about how stupid she was.

"So what's your plan now?" Jihoon asked.

"I don't know. Spend my life flipping patties in Burger King in order to pay off my dept and then in the evening I'll be pulling of a night shift at McDonald's. Yeah that sounds like a plan." She sighed. "Remember me and my legacy." She jokingly added making Jihoon laugh.

As the sun set down at them Jihoon took another good look at the girl who is now clearly out of ideas. He chucked at how stupid her problem was.

"Yuna?"

"Hmm?"

And along with the faint good-bye of the sun. The whistle of the wind through the trees and the color show of the sky, Jihoon smiled at her as he asked

"Want to go on the dance with me?"

🏵

"So you're her date?"

"Y-yeah"

"Yeah"

Jihoon gulped in nervousness as Seongwoo stared at him from head to toe. The older boy was glaring at him as he sat down waiting for Yuna.

'What is taking that girl so long?'

"Seongwoo stop glaring at Jihoon! You you're making him uncomfortable." Yuna's mom patted his back while a roar of laughter from the father was heard in the background.

"She's right Seongwoo. Besides you were the one that suggested this bet, we should be thankful that Jihoon is willing to go with her"

Jihoon smiled dismissively at Mr. Ong as Seongwoo mumbled "I didn't knew it was going to end up like this." Which earned another roar of laughter from the older man.