Chapter Nine

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Yuna stared at Daniel who was standing in front of her. Staring at her with hopeful eyes. He was looking dashing as ever. Especially right there when he was all suited up, below the street lamp on a dark, starry night. The scene looks like something from a fairytale, someone's dream.

"Daniel I-"

But not her dream.

"- I'm sorry. I can't."

Girls would be jealous of her. And she's pretty sure that if it were other girls, they would have automatically said yes. I mean, have you seen Kang Daniel?

But the thing is, she was not one of those girls.

She looked at him, that warm smile has left his face. She could clearly see that he was trying his goddamn best not to look sad.

"Look-" she tried to explain "-it's not that you're not a good guy. Heck, you're one of the kindest person I know. It's just that, there is this thing about-"

"You liking Park Jihoon?"

Her breath hitched as her head shoot up to meet his. She was pretty shocked that he knew, and she was pretty sure that she didn't told him that.

'Was it that obvious?'

"Yes, yes it was." Daniel chuckled as he answered her question, as if he was reading her mind. "I mean have you seen the way you look at him? You finally admitted it huh? " He jokingly added.

She hung her head low. Not knowing how to face him. He was so kind to her and this is how she would repay him. She felt like she was some villain destroying a prince's heart.

"I'm sorry" she mumbled quietly.

"Don't be." Daniel assured her. "It was my choice to take the risk to ask you out even when I knew about your feelings for Jihoon." He cupped her cheeks to make her look at him.

"And it was worth it."

She took the courage to look back at him. He was staring back at her with that same warm eyes as always. Even though he knew that behind all of that he was breaking down. And she hates the fact that she was the reason behind that.

"Don't look at me like that. You're making me fall harder for you" Daniel joked.

"Well you were the one who made me look at you." Yuna spoke up. Tears were brimming her eyes.

"I had to, you wouldn't look at me."

"How could I? I feel like some shitty person."

Daniel laughed at her. "This is why I was debating whether I should confess or not. You are too soft when it comes to these things."

Yuna hit him it that chest and wiped the tears forming in her eyes. She kept mumbling that she was sorry.

She really is. Daniel is a great guy. Heck, he was one of those guys girls dream about. The one who you only read in books. But the thing is her heart was already taken.

Taken by this stupid guy who was nowhere to be found.

Their crying session was cut off when Yuna heard her phone ring. That was the only time she remembered that Jihoon was on the other line.

She quickly answered the call, preparing herself from his scolding for leaving him hanging there.

But instead an unfamiliar voice answered and told her something else. Something very different from what she expected.