Chapter 6: It's Useless Resisting

Word Count: 1.1k

Reader's Point Of View

I woke up cold and alone on the floor. My head hurt like a motherfucker.

I slowly sat up, groaning.

I looked around and Jeremy was no where to be found.

Where was Michael? I remembered the SQUIP had left him with Vanessa, but where?

"Michael." I breathed out.

I immediately ran upstairs and started busting in doors, trying to find which room he was in.

I pushed in the final door, revealing Michael making out with Vanessa.

"Michael?" I said, confused, dumbfounded.

He turned around and looked me in the eye. "Y- Y/N?"

I walked towards him but Vanessa took Michael by the shoulders and swung him around for another kiss.

When Michael looked back at me, he seemed different. Not squipped different... But different.

"Let's get outta here." I said, beckoning him over for us to leave. He didn't move.

"I'm not going anywhere." He said.

"Michael. What the fuck are you talking about?"

"I won't leave her."

"What?" I paused before turning my attention to Vanessa. "What'd you do to him?!"

"Shouldn't you know?" She mocked.

"You better start talking or I swear to g-" I said advancing towards Vanessa, but Michael shoved me out of the way.

"Ah!" I yelped as I crashed against the wall.

Michael looked at Vanessa. "Baby, she wants to take you away from me. But you don't want to leave me. You won't let her do this to us, will you?" He turned back to me, taking in her words.

He held me, by the shoulder, back against the wall with one of his arms. The other in a fist at his side.

"Michael. Please. Don't." I said. He raised his fist. "This isn't you." He punched me. "This isn't you!" He punched me again. A little blood coming from my mouth.

"Take her out babe." Vanessa demanded.

"I don't know what she's done to you, but you need to stop. Jeremy's in trouble and we need to help him. Please, Michael. I'm your best friend, surely that still has to mean something to you." I said, searching for someway to reach him.

"Michael. Finish her." She called again.

He stood there, silent.

He squinted his eyes and looked at me. "Y/N?" Michael suddenly gasped in deeply, followed by a large exhale. He shook his head out. "Y/N? I-" He removed his hands from me.

"Damn it!" Vanessa cursed. She ran out the door and disappeared.

He looked down at his hands and saw drops of my blood on his knuckles, causing his eyes to begin to water. "Y/N. I- I- I'm so-"

"Come here." I said as I embraced him in a comforting hug. "What happened?"

"Honestly Y/N, I don't know. It was... Weird. She mixed these different types of Mountain Dew with a SQUIP and she like fucking injected it into me." He reached his arm back, feeling the spot on the back of neck where she had injected him. "Everything became really fuzzy and blurry after that. My emotions were all whack. And the next thing I know, I'm standing in front of you with your blood on my hands."