Chapter 20: Just Mute The Voice Inside Your Head

Warnings: mentions of a possible involuntary suicide (what it is is not as bad as it sounds in this warning tbh), involuntary cutting (it's also not as bad in the chapter as it sounds in the warning tbh, but still wanted to put it in here just in case)

Word Count: 2.8k

Jeremy's  Point Of View

Jeremy was all alone by himself, except for the SQUIP, back at the school. 

Jeremy was completely oblivious to what the SQUIP's ulterior plans to do with him were. He was so angry. Furious with the people that were once his friends taking Y/N away from him like that. They had no right to do that. She was his. She was not theirs to take.

He punched a locker out of anger, causing his knuckles to bleed from the collision. 

Jeremy continued walking through the hallway until he stopped at Y/N's locker. He unlocked it and looked through her things. On the inside of the locker door he saw pictures of him, her, and Michael hung up by magnets on it. There were four in total. One was the three of them laying on the ground making stupid faces, another was Y/N and Michael playing video games. 

There was a picture Y/N had taken of him and Michael when they all went into the city for the day...  

But the picture that grabbed his attention the most was one that depicted him with his arm around Y/N at the premiere of the newest Spiderman movie

He reached his hand out and pulled it from the locker door. 

Jeremy grasped it tightly in his hand and moved it closer to him. His eyes started to water up. He had forgotten what their life used to be like. How happy they all were together. 

He hadn't seen that smile on Y/N's face in such a long time. He missed it. 

Jeremy could hardly recognize himself in the picture. 

Guilt started to sick in as he began to rethink about everything he had done, everything he had been doing. 

It was wrong. He knew it was wrong. 

He had to fix it. He had to go back and apologize and figure things out. Jeremy wanted things to go back to the way they were.

But the SQUIP had other plans...

Jeremy began walking towards the school's exit.

Where do you think you're going?

I'm going back to Y/N. I have to apologize and fix what I've done.

"What you've done?" Jeremy, you've done great. It's not your fault that those bastards took Y/N away from you.