Chapter 19: She Clearly Needs Saving

Warnings: mentions of a possible involuntary suicide (what it is is not as bad as it sounds in this warning tbh)

Word Count: 1.9k

Rich's Point of View

"Guys. I really don't have a good feeling about this." Rich said, standing against the wall.

Oliver and Vanessa were next to him, getting ready to barge in and save their friends.

"Why should you? This is scary as shit." Oliver said.

"Wow. Thanks. I feel so much better." Rich replied sarcastically.

"Will you two just shut the fuck up so we can get this over with?" Vanessa jumped in.

They both looked at her and then prepared themselves. "Do you have it?" Oliver asked Rich. "Yes." He confirmed.

"Okay, good. Let's go. On my count. 1. 2. 3!" Vanessa said, prompting Oliver to kick down the door.

 There was no one in sight.

"What the hell?" Oliver mouthed.

Rich gave him 'I don't know' shoulders. 

Oliver and Rich continued in, while Vanessa stayed outside just in case.

Reader's Point Of View

Jeremy had predicted their coming, so we had a trap already set in place.

As soon as they passed the line they were all flung back against the wall, where they became restrained. They groaned as their bodies collided with the hard cement.

Jeremy stepped out, followed by Michael and I.

"That went really well." Rich said sarcastically to Oliver. He rolled his eyes at him.

"Hey guys. How's it goin'?" Jeremy said. 

Non of them responded to him. Instead Rich addressed me.

"Y/N. Look. I know you don't give a shit about us or what I have to say. For all I know, you might not even know who I am anymore, but I need you to hear us. Hear me. Like actually, really, hear me." Rich acknowledged the robot pin on his jacket. "Do you recognize it? You should, because it's yours. The real Jeremy, not the one standing next to you, but the person he used to be, he gave it to you the second week of school. He had worn it on his backpack everyday, until the day he decided to give it up and share it with someone he cared a lot about."

I stared at him. Not much emotion on my face. 

"I hope it can remind you of how things used to be. The way you and Jeremy used to be. And maybe, just maybe, it would help me get through to you and so you can wake up from this madness."

"Well that was a lovely and touching speech, Rich. Very moving. But. She doesn't care." Jeremy said. "Right, Y/N?"

I was staring at the pin. A fraction of a memory popped into my mind. I could see Jeremy handing it to me with the biggest smile on his face and him attaching it to my bag. 

"Y/N." Jeremy called. I turned my attention to him. "Do you care about some dumb pin?"

I was conflicted. I could feel Jeremy's power rushing through me, compelling me to say no, but there was something about it that I couldn't get over. A connection that I felt to it.

Jeremy saw that I had zoned out. "Y/N! You don't care about it. Or him. Or any of them."

Blood began to drip from my eyes.