Chapter 7: Travel Through Your Blood Until...

(Trigger Warnings: talks about the fire Rich set, and mental abuse)

Word Count: 1.1k

Reader's Point of View

I was scared. I didn't know what I had gotten myself into, but I couldn't go back. I had to save Jeremy. I cared about him too much. With each passing hour, more and more guilt kept overflowing inside me. 

Michael drove us to Jeremy's house, but when we arrived he was gone, along with his dad's car.

"I bet he's at the school." Michael said.

"Why the school?" I asked.

"That's where everything went down last year... In the theater."

------------------------------------------------

Jeremy's Point Of View

Jeremy was wandering the halls of Middleborough when he ran into Rich.

"Jere! 'Sup man?!" Rich called and put his hand up for a high-five. 

Jeremy returned the high-five. "Not much, how about you?"

"You know me. Always good." He didn't seem very convincing.

"Are you sure?" Jeremy questioned.

Rich looked down, his upbeat attitude gone. "Honestly?"

Jeremy nodded his head 'yes' in response.

"My dad's getting worse and he's started mentally abusing me, which is really hard because of what happened last year. Ya know?" Rich tapped the side of his head, gesturing a SQUIP.

"Yeah."

He continued. "And Brooke... She- She thinks I cheated on her with that new girl, Y/N or whatever, which I didn't. I don't know why she thinks I-"

"Y/N?" He confirmed.

"Yeah. I mean I don't think I've ever even met the chick. How the fuck could I have possibly slept with her if I barely know who she is? It makes no sense."

"I'm sorry Rich." Jeremy said.

"It's okay. I just wish there was something I could do about it." He replied.

"Don't be so sure there isn't." 

Rich was confused. "What are you talking about?"

Jeremy grabbed him tightly by the arm and pulled him to an empty classroom. "Jeremy! What the hell!" He yelled.

What're you doing?

You'll see...

Jeremy locked the door behind him, so Rich couldn't leave. 

He put down his backpack and pulled out a familiar looking device... a SQUIP injector.

No. You can't do this to Rich. Not again. He's been through enough. Leave him alone.

Not likely.

I won't let you.

You can try but I own you Jeremy Heere. The sooner you realize that the better. You can't overpower me or take control back anymore, I'm stronger than you've ever known.