Chapter 14: Taking Over

Word Count: 2.4k

Jeremy's Point Of View

Jeremy's head slowly turned as he began to come to. Him and Michael were in a part of the school that they were not familiar with. They were laying in the middle of a virtually empty cement room.

Michael was still out cold. He called for him to try to get him to wake up.

"Michael. Michael! Michael!" There was no response, his eyes still closed. 

"Goddamnit." Jeremy cursed.

He looked around frantically and tried opening the door, but it was not going to open. It was as if someone had melded it together, trapping them inside. 

Jeremy hit the door in anger and began to pace around trying to think of something. He had to get to Y/N. He just had to. Not again. He wouldn't let anything hurt her. Not ever again.

His head shot up when he heard the steal door creak open.

"Oh thank god." Oliver said in relief as he crouched over by Michael trying to wake him up.

"Oliver? Wha- What're you doing here?" Jeremy questioned.

"Michael?" He lifted Michael's face. "Michael!!" Nothing...

"Saving your dumbasses. You saved mine. My turn to save yours." He turned his attention back to Michael. "Michael for fuck's sake, wake up!" He shook his body.

"Where's Y/N?" 

"Isn't she with you? She's your girlfriend." He said.

"Oliver, she's the one who did this. I think Vanessa must've done something to her."

"Well fuck." He said. 

Michael finally woke up. "Oliver?" 

"Hey."

"Oliver, how'd you get through the door?" Jeremy asked.

"It's a long story. One that we seriously just do not have time for right now, kay Jere?" He replied as he stood up leading them out of the room.

----------------------------------------

Oliver's Point Of View

"Michael, get the mountain dew red from your car." Jeremy said. Michael rushed off, running.

Oliver and Jeremy began walking around the school building once again.

"Are you sure you didn't see Y/N when you came to find us? How did you know where and how to find us anyway?" 

Oliver ignored the second question he asked. "Jeremy, I swear. I haven't seen her."

They continued in silence while Jeremy thought to himself and began speaking the thoughts out-loud not-knowingly. Oliver was able to get Jeremy to speak his thoughts without him knowing or even touching him. Just by being close to him... Just another example of how powerful the SQUIP was getting. Although he couldn't do it to just anyone, his previous hosts were the most susceptible to the influence, but others required more intense persuasion.

"I have to find Y/N. This is all my fault. Everything. Non of this would be happening if I hadn't've been so reckless last year, if I had been more cautious. How could she like me after this? I know she says she does, but... me? I'm nothing. I'm a no one. I'm just a kid who ruins everything he touches. I ruin everything. I don't deserve her. She deserves better. But I love her. I love her so much. She's everything I've ever wanted in a girlfriend, and now... I just... I can't bear the thought of losing her. I need her in my life. Without her... I- I don't know what I'd become. She keeps me sane and makes me feel safe. Even Michael can't do that for me, the way she does. This has to work. We have to find her. We have to destroy the SQUIP inside Vanessa and save her, because... There's nothing else..." Jeremy trailed off.