Chapter 12: Corrected

Word Count: 2.2k

Reader's Point Of View

Jeremy's bare arms were wrapped around my body as we slept. 

I saw a light coming from under the bed, so I leaned down to see what it was. It was my cell phone. 

Fuck. 

It had been hours since Michael had left, and when I saw the awaiting messages for me on my phone, I felt sick to my stomach. "Oh my god."

I shot up out of bed and immediately began putting some clothes on. I dialed Michael's number and put the call on speaker. ... No answer. I called again... No answer. I did this two more times. 

Jeremy turned on the side lamp and looked at me with alertness in his eyes. "What happened?" 

"It's Michael. He- He- Just-" I threw the phone to him so he could read the messages. 

"Shit!" Jeremy cursed. 

"We have to get to him!" I said in urgency as I grabbed my backpack.

Jeremy put his jacket on, before grabbing a backpack that read 'BOYF' on the back of it. 

--------------------------------

When we got outside Michael's house, I pulled both of us to a stop on the sidewalk.

"Hold up." I said.

"What?" Jeremy asked.

"I hate it, but we're gonna have to separate. We both know it. Because if Michael isn't at you're house, we'd be starting again from scratch, meanwhile he's enduring god knows what."

"I know."

"Okay, so... I'm gonna head towards the school, you start going back to your house. I know this isn't what either of us want, but we-" I said.

"We have to. I know." Jeremy finished.

"Are you sure you can do this? You just came back." I asked.

"Y/N-"

"Any headaches? Or-"

"Y/N. I'm fine. Okay?" Jeremy pulled me into a hug. "You don't need to worry about me. I'll never do anything that bastard says. It won't get back to me. I promise."

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He replied as he pulled me in for one last  directions.

-----------------------------------------

Roughly 20-35ish minutes had passed since I left Jeremy. I was still 10-15 minutes away from the school. 

Michael was the only one of us who had had a car at the house, Jeremy and I had to walk to our separate destinations.

I turned the corner down the short-cut alley. All of a sudden a fist made contact with the side of my face/head, causing me to fall onto the rocky road below.