Chapter 9: This Feeling's New

Word Count: 878

Reader's Point Of View

As I entered the hallway, my head started pounding again. I stopped, wincing at the pain. "EhhAh." My breathing accelerated as I grabbed onto the wall of lockers for stability.

My vision was still blurry, but now I was getting increasingly dizzy. It was becoming difficult for me to even stand.

I saw two figures walking towards me, but I was too out of it to make out who they were.

My legs gave out from underneath me, feeling as though gravity had increased ten-fold. I felt someone pick me up in their arms. It was a guy, that's all I could tell in that moment.

I groaned and rustled in his hold, my head still throbbing.

I heard two voices talking.

He said, "I told you it wouldn't last long. You put too much Red in it."

"Well, it lasted long enough, didn't it?" She answered, her English accent lingering in the air with sarcasm and annoyance.

"Barely." He scoffed as I felt my body being laid onto a couch. "Just give her another dose or something."

"I can't." She said.

"Why the fuck not?!"

"If I do she'll die. We need her alive right now."

"Fine. God, you're frustrating." 

"Me? I'm frustrating?..."

Their conversation trailed off as they left the room. 

I was starting to feel more like myself, but the back of my neck had begun to sting once more. I winced and sucked air in through my teeth, as I touched it with my hand.

There was fresh blood on my fingers. What had happened to me?

I let out a slight cry as I attempted to sit up. I let my head rest in my hands.

"Wonderful, it wore off. Fuck my life." A male voice said, annoyed, as he entered the room. I looked up and it was Oliver.

"What wore off? What happened? Where am I?" I asked sporadically as I attempted to stand up. But when I did I immediately collapsed back onto the couch, I was too dizzy to stand on my own.

"Ugh, seriously? You don't remember?"

"Remember what?!"

"Vanessa, get your ass in here!" He yelled to the other room.

"What?!" She said as she walked in.

"Anything you can do to fix this? She's supposed to know what she did."

"What did I do?!" I yelled, but they ignored me.

"If I do anything more, it might kill her."

"Then you be the one to explain to him, why this happened." He stated.

"Goddamnit Oliver." She cursed, as she walked over to a bag by the wall. 

She pulled out a vile and a syringe.

"Woah woah woah woah! No. Uh uh. Not happening." I went to get up to leave and run out but Oliver pinned me down before I could.

She connected the vile to the needle and walked over to me.

"No! Don't!" I yelled. I didn't even know what it was, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be good and that scared me. 

Vanessa plunged the needle into my brainstem and pushed the liquid inside of me.

Her and Oliver got off of me, as I jumped up and back, holding my hand where she had punctured me.

"What- Ah! Did you- Ahhh! Did you do to me?! AhhhAhhh!" Tears began to stream down my cheeks as it all came back to me. 

What I had said to Jeremy, how I felt about him in that moment, how heartbroken I left him.

I gasped in as the flashbacks stopped.

"Why'd I- Why would I ever-" I couldn't believe what I had done to Jeremy. That's not who I am. I love Jeremy. I care about him so much. I'd do most anything for him. 

Then it hit me as I looked at the dried blood on my shirt from the laceration on the back of my neck. "What you did to Michael... You did that to me, didn't you?" I said, acknowledging Vanessa.

"She's not as dumb as she looks after all." She mocked. "Yes, an emotion influencer... With some minor adjustments..." A malicious smirk came across her face. "Turning your love for Jeremy to hatred, was no easy task. You struggled against us a lot too. Hence the blood. I had to be more forceful with your injection than Michael's."

"Guess you didn't do so well though, did ya? 'Cause here I am."

"Yes, it did where off significantly faster than Michael's, it still got the job done. That's not the only thing you think I did, do you? Because that's a bit naive."

"Wha-" I started but she cut me off.

"It doesn't matter. You'll see soon enough. It's already been set in motion, there's no stopping it now. It's coursing through your bloodstream as we speak. You'll come to find out soon enough." Both Oliver and her gave me evil smiles that filled me with discomfort. 

Whatever they had done to me had to wait. I had to find Jeremy. I had to fix this. I had to save Michael. And do it all before whatever was headed my way would get to me.

I left the room. Neither of them even tried to stop me. I didn't feel good about that.