Chapter 25: Survive

Word Count: 2.1k

Rich's Point Of View

"Guys, I have to admit... I feel guilty about not going to help Michael with Jeremy." Rich said.

"I know, me too." Vanessa admitted.

"We didn't have a choice, guys." Oliver said. "You know what could've happened to us if we went."

"But we also know what could happen to Michael if he went alone, and we let him."

Derek walked in from the kitchen. (Reminder: They don't know that he has a corrector.) "I hate to agree with Ollie here, but he's got a point, Rich."

"What do you know? You only just learned what these things are. I've been dealing with SQUIPs for two years now. You don't know what it's like to have one inside your head trying to force you to take your friends' freedom and lives. Hell, Oliver, you of all people should know what I mean. You were squipped and were forced to do terrible things to Michael and Y/N... Especially Y/N. I think we owe them that much. How selfish are we?" Everyone's attention was on Rich as he continued. "We need to go after him."

"As much as I hate to agree, you're right." Oliver said to Rich.

"Let's go." Vanessa said.

The three of them started walking towards the door but Derek blocked them.

"I'm sorry but I can't let that happen." He said.

"'Oh no, you're squipped.' Haha, very funny. But seriously man, move over because we gotta go." Oliver pushed forward.

"I will not." Derek defied him, standing his ground. 

"Dude, come on-" Oliver went to grab his shoulder and nudge him to the side, when all of a sudden Derek gripped Oliver's arm and twisted it backwards, causing him to scream out in pain. 

Rich and Vanessa could hear the bones in his arm break.

"This isn't a game." Derek declared. "The only way you're leaving here is in a body bag."

Vanessa and Rich looked nervously at each other. 

She turned to Rich and whispered, "Go. I'll hold him off. Find Michael and Jeremy. Save Y/N. You're the only chance we have left."

"I can't just leave you." Rich said.

"Yes you can. You have to."

She advanced towards Derek and was soon captured in a fist fight that she wouldn't win. Derek was stronger than her, especially with the SQUIP backing him up inside him. 

Rich didn't want to leave them behind. He hated it, but he had to run.

He ran through the back of the house and climbed out a window, taking off in the direction of Y/N's.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Reader's Point Of View

All of a sudden I gasped for air. It felt as if I hadn't breathed in months. It was as if the SQUIP had lessened his control over me. I felt more free, but I still wasn't able to say what I needed to say to Jeremy to get him to help me.

"Y/N. Are you okay?" Jeremy asked, concern filled his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine. Just give me a moment. I'll be right back." I said, leaving towards my bedroom.

I walked up to my mirror and stared at myself. 

My eyes shined a brilliant turquoise.

There was someone in the mirror behind me. I turned around and saw Jeremy.