Chapter 27: When You Love Somebody

Word Count: 1.9k

Jeremy's Point Of View

Jeremy's heart sank.

"Y-Y-Y/N. It's- It's me. Jeremy." He said, needing her to remember him.

Her expression was empty. She had no idea who he was.

"Y/N. Please. You know me. You have to." Jeremy begged. "You..." He went to touch her, but she flinched away and stepped closer to Michael. 

There was nothing. No sign of any recollection of Jeremy.

"No." Jeremy said weakly and faintly. "No. This... This can't be happening."

Y/N wrapped her arms around Michael, clinging to the one thing that was familiar to her. 

---------------------------------------------

Reader's Point Of View

Jeremy and Michael sat mr down and explained to me what had happened.

"You guys are crazy." I said, wanting to leave.

"We're not. It's all true." Jeremy said.

"It's called a SQUIP. It was inside your head and was controlling you. When it left, it took your memory of Jeremy to spite him." Michael continued.

"If I had had a super computer inside my head, I think that's something that I would remember." I said getting up. "I'm leaving now."

"Y/N, you can't." Michael said.

"Why the hell not?"

"We need to fix this. We need to fix you. We have to get your memories back."

"Stop fucking with me Michael." I said. "I'm going out. You can't stop me."

I walked to the front door, but Rich stopped me in my tracks.

"They're telling the truth, Y/N. You have to believe them." He said.

"You're just gonna have to trust us. Take a leap of faith." Michael said.

I looked around at them, but decided against it. I pushed Rich to the side and walked out.

"Y/N! Wait-" Jeremy yelled, but he was cut off by the door slamming.

Jeremy's Point Of View

"What're we gonna do?" Jeremy asked, falling onto the coach into himself. He was so overwhelmed and stressed out. His anxiety had reached peak levels. He was freaking out, on the verge of a panic attack.

"We need to find Derek and somehow convince the SQUIP to give Y/N her memories back." Michael said.

"Oh yeah, because that's going to be super easy." Jeremy responded sarcastically.

"Jere, you need to calm the fuck down." Rich said. "Go get some rest. Michael and I will figure this out. I have an idea. But you freaking out and having mental breakdowns isn't helping anyone. It's only hurting yourself."

"I can't. I need to help you guys."

"The best way you can help us, is to get some rest. Okay?" 

"How the hell am I supposed to sleep when the girl I love is wandering around with no clue who I am, because a fucking super computer stole her memory?! Huh? How do I do that?"

Michael grabbed some sleeping meds from the cabinet and handed it to Jeremy. 

"You're joking, right? You seriously don't expect me to take a pill after all of this, do you?"