The day after

Chapter ninteen

"Open", a strong voice ordered and the soldiers pushed the wooden doors to let the warrior enter. With quick steps the young man reached a cell at the end of a long and cold corridor. With sharp eyes he searched for any sign of the prisoner, but the darkness hid him perfectly.

"Show yourself.", he demanded cold and got impatient after no response. He was about to open the doors, but the sound of movement let him stop.

"What happened to (y/n)?", a weak voice asked. "She is in a bad condition, but she will make it.", the hero in green hissed back and his deep blue eyes searched for his shadow in the dark.

"She is alive? oh thank the goddesses How? Tell me Link!", Dark rushed out of his corner and watched his counterpart in green with an pleading expression.

"Yeah she is alive. Thanks to Zelda, but why do you want to know? You allmost killed her.", Link asked angry.

"I would never lay a finger on her! You know that my blade was meant for you.", Dark growled and punched against the door cells. His deep red eyes met with blue ones.

"For what price Dark? Don't you see it? Your anger about me, the world, hell.. about everything, is killing her. Come to your senses and stop it.", he said desperately.

"You green imp. Don't you understand? I did that all for her safety. If i didn't obey, Ganondorf or Cia threaten me to attack Kakariko and her. I had to do it. After she left I was broken, but in a way I was also relieved that she could go on. A life without fear and hatred.", he explained sadly.

Link watched his shadow without saying anything and left. Dark fell on his knees exhausted and shivering. He couldn't believe that he was the cause of her condition. He just wanted to protect her. "what have i done..i pushed her away from me to safe her, but instead she got hurt",he whispered desperately.

In the meantime Zelda helped (Y/N) with her injuries. She decided to use some medicine to let her fall into a deep and long slumber. "Is she getting better?", Link asked worried and watched the sleeping beauty. Zelda sighed and took Link's hand to lead him out of the room. "What is it?", he asked impatient. "I gave her some herbs. She will sleep now for a week or two. The wound is very deep. It will take longer than expected, but she will make it.", she explained calm and gave him a supporting smile. "What a relief...",he said and relaxed. "What is Dark doing?", she asked angrily.

"He is depressed...Zelda i know you want to kill him, but his intentions are different than you thought. He is a slave of Ganondorf. He was suffering torture and if he didn't obey, Ganondorf would have attack Kakariko and (Y/N) ..that's the reason he become this monster..i think we should give him a try. He could be a great support against Ganondorf. And think of (Y/N)..if we kill him and she wakes up...it will break her.", Link said worried.

Zelda thought about his words for some time and sighed deeply.

"You are right. I could see the regret in his eyes after what happened. There is hope for his broken soul, but he will stay under your command all the time. You have to look after him! If he didn't support us...you know..i have to kill him. ", she ordered.

Link was happy to hear that and made his way back to (Y/N). Navi was right. He was jealous of Dark. How in the world could a short tempered, arrogant, terrifying knight get such a girl like her? But he was also grateful to help Dark. He was suffering to have a shadow of himself out there who killed and destroyed villages. To see an end of this made him happy.

xxxone week later xxx

"She is getting better.", Link said calm and sat down in front of Dark's cell who was on the ground and watched the ceiling. "And it took you a whole week to tell me that? Damn it Link. I was worried.", he growled.

"See it as your punishment.", Link said relaxed.

"Punishment.. i can't hear that anymore.", Dark started annoyed, but didn't complain any longer.

"Link?", he asked after some time of silence. The blue eyed hero watched him with raised eyebrows and waited for him to go on.

"I know I don't deserve anything, but I have one wish before i get killed. I want to see her. See if she is okay.. ", Dark said and Link could hear his voice break.

"Nope that's not possible.", he answered in a mocking tone. Dark jumped to his feet and came face to face with Link.

"How dare you to deny the last wish of a soon to be dead prisoner in such a way. I am not worth any mercy...i know that, but that's worse.", he growled.

"You will life.", Link shot back. Dark was stunned. Link's smirk grew and he got up from his sitting position. "You will life. You will fight, but not for Ganondorf. For us. You will protect the land that (Y/N) loves so much and you are allowed to be here.", he explained and gave him a kind smile.

Dark couldn't believe it. "I will be free?", he asked confused.

"In a way. You are under my command now. Your worst nightmare", he added and laughed. Slowly he opened the doors and stepped inside to a shocked Dark and hold his hand out.

"Is this a trick?", Dark asked suspicious, but got no response.

Dark gave him an uneasy look and shook his hand to seal his new duty. "One thing left.", Link whispered and before Dark could react he was cut in his arm with a golden knife.

"Link what the hell!", Dark shouted and suddenly a pain shot through his body and let him fall to the ground cursing.

"I had to erase your mark from Ganondorf. He is no longer able to control you and find you. This blade is blessed by the goddesses and destroy evil. Zelda read about it that it could maybe erase your mark. I see it worked. ", Link explained and helped him to get back to his feet.

"Maybe? Wow thanks. So there was the chance that it would have killed me?", Dark asked confused.

"Well yeah sorry. But we believed in the goddesses that they also see the spark of light in you like (Y/N). She showed you the right way. So we tried it out.", he said chuckling and showed him the way out of the cell. 

"Thanks I guess...", Dark spoke while feeling a bit dizzy.

"You have to stay with me till we trust you. I will show you everything and where you stay. Don't be stupid. That's the only chance you get.",he explained.

"Can i see her?, Dark asked excited
.
Link sighed deeply.

"Please i have to see her....", he pleaded. Without a word Link went on and Dark followed him quickly. With every step he got more nervous and after Link stopped and opened a door, his heart was about to explode. Slowy he entered and saw her sleeping form in a big double bed. White blankets covered her delicate body he desired so much, but after coming closer to her, he could see the bandages and felt guilty.

"(Y/N)....i am so sorry...why did you come? I was so furious, so angry and full of pain and hatred...but i will make it up to you..trust me.. I will do everything for you.", he whispered and kissed her cheek lovingly.

Link watched from afar and felt relieved that he was right. She was the one who guide him back to light. "Link...i will stay and be your partner against Ganondorf.", Dark spoke out of the blue and left the room cursing how he would kill the king of evil.

"Hey where are you going?", Link hurried after him.

"What do you think ? We have to train. You are too slow and too weak gainst Ganondorf. You so called Hero of light.", Dark explained in a mocking tone.

"Don't let me regret my decision.", he hissed back and followed him.