quattuor

Liam limps to his room as I and several of his friends follow behind

Liam limps to his room as I and several of his friends follow behind. He walks in and takes a seat on the bench right in front of the table, "you did good boy," one of his older friends tells him as he claps his back.

Liam nods, his eyes never leaving my face, "you okay?" I mouth to him.

He grins and nods. The only time he ever really smiles or grins is during or after fights, the adrenaline rush gets him high. I smile back and grab the first-aid kit and walk over to him.

I set the kit down and pop it open, pulling out some wipes and butterfly closers I turn back to him, "Juice gimme a water bottle," I mumble.

Juice stands and walks to the ice chest in the corner, pulling out two he hands one to me and the other to Liam who chugs all of it at once, "thank you."

"No problem," he mumbles and walks away.

I open the water bottle and pour it over Liam's face while gently scrubbing away the blood and dirt to get a better picture at what's happened to his face. The cuts aren't to deep and bruising isn't to bad either, it'll be gone by a weeks time the cuts will take longer to heal though. I gently wipe them all with the antibiotic wipes and then put a small amount of cream on them before covering them with the butterfly closers.

I rub a little cream under his eye for the bruise and then get him some ice for the swelling, he takes the eye and places it over his eye letting out a silent sigh, "better?" I whisper since some of the guys have crashed.

He nods and opens his one eye, staring into my soul like he does after every fight, "get some sleep Dream," he orders.

I shake my head and grab his hand, "I didn't just fight you did. You need sleep, not me," I argue back, annoying him no doubt.

He growls and wraps one arm around my waist before picking my up and tossing me onto one of the many beds they keep here for people who are homeless or just need somewhere safe for a night and then lays down next to me, he turns me over and pulls me into his chest before kissing my forehead and growling, "sleep," in my ear.

I nod and move a little to get comfortable before falling to sleep.

~3 days later.~

"I just, you know fucking hate math class!" I whisper yell at the paper in front of me as if my yelling will suddenly morph the numbers into something I'll understand, but it doesn't.

"You know, I could help you with that," comes a voice from my right.

Turning slowly, I see the all American boy, Hunter smirking at me, "really?" I sort, "because if I remember correctly, you failed our last test."

His smirk drops at that before he frowns, "don't be fucking rude Dream," he mumbles.

"Ohh, did I hurt the rich boy?" I tease, the math work forgotten completely, I'll figure it out some other time.

He makes a noise that's seems like a growl before pushing up in his seat, "who do you think you are?" He asks, looking right at me.

"I think I'm Dream Aribella Smith, who might you be?" I ask, tilting my head to the side, teasing him more.

He huffs obviously annoyed out of his mind with me, "that's not what I meant. Who do you think you are teasing me?"

I shrug and turn back to my paper, "rich white boy comes to our school and somehow I'm not supposed to trade you? Yeah okay," I sort and shrug again.

"I'm not rich Dream," he is all he says.

I look over at him in his expensive name brand clothes, his freshly cut hair, nice shoes, pressed clothes and have to laugh, "don't tell me that shit Hunter. Look at us," I open my arms wipe, "and look at you. We," I motion between us, "are not the same type of person. You cant possibly tell me you weren't rich, because you were."

He looks down at my clothes and then back to his, "yeah," he mumbles and shakes his head, "I never really thought about it honestly. But, here I am I guess."

I put my hand on his arm and squeeze a little, "be grateful you aren't one of us. You can make it big boy, don't stop just because daddy screwed up and lost the money okay?" I give him a small smile and turn back to the work.

"Thank you, I really needed to hear that Dream," he says before turning in his chair to get back to work.

Suddenly, the door is thrown open and in rushes a few of Liam's friends, Ryan steps forward, gasping for air, bent over at the waits holding his knees he looks at me, "Liam's been shot," he gasps, wide frantic eyes.

"What?" I nearly screech and jump from my chair, "where is he?!" I yell, franticly throwing things in my backpack, the teacher hasn't said a word, normal if I'm honest.

Juice grabs my hand and pulls me along, all of us running to the truck, we jump in and try my best to calm my racing heart, "what happened?!"

Ryan looks over and sighs, "he was out running and we were a few feet behind, he took a turn and we had to catch up and we heard the gun go off. We ran all the way to him, but when we got there the person already left."

I nod and rub his arm, "where was he shot?"

"The side," he whispers, "I think it just grazed his side, but I have no idea," he mumbles, going into shock.

Knowing we've lost Ryan to his thoughts, I turn back to watch the road past by in front of me.

We finally pull up to the hospital entrance, Juice stops the truck letting the rest of us get out before driving off again. I run into the hospital right over to the reception, "Liam Davis," I tell the women.

She types away on her computer before looking up, over her glasses, "are you family?"

"His girlfriend!" I blurt, not even thinking about.

She nods and points to a door, "right through there, go up two floors and to the right, room 356."

I smile gratefully, "thank you so much!" and motion the guys to follow as I run to the door, I push the up button the elevator and thankfully it opens pretty quick.