Septem

Hunter's P

Hunter's P.O.V

I limped into the house and tried my best to be quiet, my mother didn't need to see me like this, bruised and bloody, she did anyhow.

"Hunter! Dear lord, what has happened to you!?" She cried as she came from the tiny kitchen.

I stood still as she came towards me and grabbed my face in between her hands and turned it side to side, "ow! Mom, nothing don't worry," I told her, trying to make her drop it.

"Don't tell me that boy, what happened?" She asked and pursed her lips.

Sighing I turn, "I got into a fight at school with some kid, its not a big deal Mom I promise."

She nods and pushes me towards the kitchen, "go I'll help you clean up."

I nod and limp to a chair and sit as she does her best with the small amount of things we have left.

~ 3 days later. ~

Dream hasn't been at school since the other day. Against her wishes, I asked around about her and just like before no one said or refused to say anything about her, everyone mumbling about some guy shes always with.

Stepping into the cafeteria, I walk over to a table of boys, all of them look like shy kids I stop and stand at the edge, all of them stopping their eating to look at me, "who's Fighter?" I ask, simply getting right to the point.

They all look at each other and then back to me before one kid clears his throat before looking at me and making eye contact, "the best fighter around this area, why?"

"Because Dream told me about him, said if I kept asking about her he'd beat me and she wouldn't be able to stop him," his eyes seems to get even wider at the mention of Dream, just as everyone else's.

"Come with me, we have to go somewhere else," the kid mumbles as he stands and grabs his things before walking and throwing his lunch away.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Because Fighter has people everywhere," he whispers and walks away from me quickly, assuming I'd follow and I do.

I jog a little to catch him and we fall into a silence as he walks to his car. He unlocks it and we both get in. He starts it without saying anything and takes off. He doesn't say anything until we are far, very far away from where the school is. He parks in a crowded parking lot and then turns to look at me before taking a deep breath, "Dream has been with Liam since she was about four and him nine. Ever since then, the two of them have been side by side no matter what is going on."

"Okay, but that doesn't explain who Fighter is," I say back, getting annoyed.

"Liam is Fighter, Fighter is Liam. He's the best underground boxer there is around here. And since he's so good, he got Dream to live with him a few years back. Him and her have always been around each other, he has always refused to leave her alone. And he doesn't take to well to new boys trying to be around her. She does everything with and for him, she helps to train him, hell I've even seen her sleeping in the gym at 2 in the morning while he was training with Juice or Killer. She helps take care of him after fights and that's why she's gone so much. After bad fights, Liam gets real fucked up just like the other people, but Liam craves that shit. He's like an animal. She stays home for awhile to take care of him until he can get shit done himself," once he's done he stares down at his legs, almost as if he regrets telling me.

"Oh," I mumble and look around, "why won't anyone else tell me this?"

He looks up at me, his eyes show fear, "because, no one wants to be on Liam's bad side, he fights, and beats anyone who ever talks about her."

"So, a bully?" I ask and tilt my head to the side.

He shakes his head and sighs, "hes scary yes, but a bully? Never. But Dream is hers, he is hers and he'll never let her go."

"But, why?" I'm still confused, wondering why some boy would be so attached to a girl.

He shrugs, "Its always been that way. He dropped out of school a few years ago, he was a junior and he just gave up, kind of. He got into fights all the time, he wouldn't ever go to class he was always in Dream's classes. Everyone knows not to mess with her, even the teachers. She is the sweetest girl in the world, and she tries her best to keep everyone safe from Liam, that's why she'll start avoiding you soon, she won't talk to you, look at you, or anything at all. Everyone loves her, but no one loves her like Liam does."

"What does that mean?" Everything he says, confuses me more.

He shakes his head, "you're not from here. You're different, everyone around here is from drug ridden families. Everyone is abused or has to take care of their parents drunk or high all the time. Everyone is poor, wearing the same clothes for a week straight. Dream and Liam had it bad. Both of them were abused to no end at all, and when Liam moved out of his house, he took Dream with him to his apartment. He lives there with a few others guys, and they all fight and Dream helps to train them all," he shrugs, "no one really worries about her, Liam would kill himself to save her."

"Oh," I mumble and nod, "can you take me back to school?"

He nods and starts the car, "so how'd richy rich end up in the slums?" He asks and turns to me.

I shrug and look out the window, "ya know, Dad makes a bad deal and loses everything, he was a pretty big lawyer for awhile and he got caught having an affair with his client at the time and lost everything and everyone, including my Mom, now she didn't divorce him, oh no that'd look even worse, she stayed and he could barely afford anything anymore and my Mom has never worked a day in her life, and she wasn't about to start so he moved us down here."

He laughs a little, "sorry about that shit," he says and looks back to the road.

I shrug and laugh, "I don't really care, I was never a big fan of how we lived. My Mom, I love her to fucking death don't get me wrong but she's a rich bitch who's stuck up her own ass and she never really loved my Dad. And my Dad, he's an asshole who has gotten guilty people off and sent innocent people away."

He nods and pulls into the school parking lot, I get out and lean over into his car, "thanks for everything kid."

He nods and pulls away, I assume to go home.

I start the walk to the apartment and as I walk, I try my best to understand everything he told me.

I still don't get why a boy can be so attached to some girl.