Forgetting// A Brand New Me {pt. 3}

Author's notes: Okay season 8-I'm sorry- My friends and I were screaming and crying the whole time- our voices weren't working the next day-honestly I'm stilling having trouble processing all of it- It wasn't what I wanted or expected but I'm not super mad that Klance didn't happen...I knew it probably wouldn't happen because it would be rushed but regardless i'm still skeptical of Allura- does she really love Lance? Welp idk cause I haven't watched the last  episodes-everything is fuzzy -_- Also TYSM for 1k reads!!!! Also sorry this is such a long one-shot.....its not even a one-shot anymore-

Keith noticed an empty pill bottle near the toilet, he quickly snatched it and ran out of the room.  

"I found the bottle!" Keith shouted and heard sniffles behind him. Pidge was crying as she ran after Keith. 

"Thank you Keith," Allura said while she furiously typed on the screen. She was checking Lance's vitals, as Coran and Hunk carefully closed the  healing pods glass door. "He seems to have overdosed on.....amnesia pills." Allura said as she examined the writing on the bottle.

"What are they?" Hunk asked, fidgeting with his hands. 

"They make you forget......I don't really know the science of it, but it can make you forget certain memories for a while." Allura said. "He.....he....." She repeated as she stared at the screen with tears in her eyes. "He....overdosed.....and took approximately 20 pills...." Everyone was silent. Allura wiped her tears and continued. "But he will survive, and there is no major signs of brain damage, thankfully. His systems seem to be working fine, just loss of memory...."

"H-how much has he lost?" Hunk asked eagerly.

"I don't know.....we won't know until he wakes up." She said. "For now all we have to do....it wait. It will be a while until he wakes" She sighed. We stood in silence again. We didn't know what to do, our team mate had just overdosed. And there wasn't anything they could do. They didn't want to leave the room, they wanted to stay and wait for him.

.

.

.

.

.

They just wished it was all a dream.

That he didn't take those pills.

That nothing was wrong with him.

That everything was alright.

And he would be perfectly okay when he came out.

But it wasn't a dream.

The hiss of the glass door broke their trances, cold air seeped out and Lance emerged from the pod. He stumbled forward and Keith ran to catch him. He grumbled and rubbed his eyes as he laid in Keith's arms.

"mmmmm what's happening??" He mumbled. Keith wanted to squeeze him tightly and never let go. But he kept his cool.

"Lance, you're back...we were so worried about you." Keith said softly, but instead of a smile and a laugh. Lance peered up at the man holding him, confusion washed over him. Like a strangers gaze. Keith's relief vanished-

"Who are you?"

.

.

.

.

.

Their worst nightmares had come true.

"L-Lance, it's us." Pidge said, approaching behind Keith. Keith released his grip on Lance and helped him up. Lance gazed at Pidge then looked around the room, searching for any familiar faces.