Chapter 4

Damien bursted upright from sleeping, breathing heavily and replaying the nightmare he had. The trumpet rang and Ian and Tanner got themselves ready quickly.

"That's new. You're up before us," Tanner mentioned. Damien only sighed in response.

"Are you alright," Tanner asked him, changing into some clothes.

"Something really weird happened," Damien muttered.

"Bad nightmare, huh," Ian questioned. Damien hesitated, shaking his head.

"More than that," Damien muttered again. He looked over to Tanner and Ian standing. "Courtney knew about this time, she had a nightmare too. I think something similar is happening to me."

"Well, why you? What was your nightmare about," Tanner questioned, crossing his arms. Damien sighed and shook his head, turning away. He began to mutter, "It was about the ChasmClan."

"ChasmClan? Whatever it is, might be important," Tanner mentioned.

"What's happening," Lasercorn groaned, waking up.

"I think Damien had a vision last night," Tanner analyzed.

"A vision? Of what," Flitz questioned.

"The ChasmClan," Damien repeated, holding his knees to his chest.

"What happened in your vision," Noah asked him.

"Corruption," Damien said, very monotone. "That elixir thing you said you guys took? I saw myself drinking it, and I had a weird reaction to it. It hurt me, I think. Then I saw things that I did, bad things. Terrible things. I reworked the elixir so I could make people have the same reaction I did when I drank it, and I gave it to Shayne. I saw myself hurt you, Tanner. I gave you the scar you have on your shoulder."

"Wait, so you did this to me," Tanner said, lifting his sleeve and exposing the scar. The scar was burned onto Tanner's shoulder, and the logo was that of the ChasmClan.

"I think I did, at least, the me from this time period," Damien muttered.

"Wait, don't people with bad reactions to the elixir go evil," Shayne questioned.

"Yeah, my scar is the mark of the ChasmClan," Tanner added, pulling his sleeve back down. There was a pause between the men where there was silence.

"So you naturally had a bad reaction to the elixir," Shayne pieced together.

"And I made you have a bad reaction to it," Damien mentioned, finishing Shayne's thought. There was more silence.

"Why would you do that? You're my best friend, you'd never hurt me," Shayne wondered.

"It wasn't me," Damien mentioned, but Shayne cut him off again, saying, "Yes it was. You did that, you're going to do that to me. It's in our future."

"Shayne, I was already evil when I made you have that reaction. You can't blame me," Damien stated, standing up to defend himself. Shayne stood up too and got face to face with his best friend.

"You made me evil. I don't think I can forgive you for that."

"It hasn't even happened to us yet, Shayne, stop pinning the blame on me."

"But it is you. It's still you."

"It's the future me, Shayne. Stop thinking we're the same person."

"But you are! You are the same person!"

"Sure, but a thousand years older! The future me is different than who I am right now. So why are you blaming me?"