Chapter 14

The next day, all of the Smoshers that time-traveled gathered on the field to hear Shayne and Damien's news. Everyone hesitated at the sight of Damien. No one trusted him. Well, except Shayne, but he's been doubting himself.

"It's nice seeing you guys again," Shayne spoke, breaking the ice. He smiled at his friends.

"Just say what you came to say," Lasercorn spoke. A few people around him yelled "yeah!"

"We need to go back," Shayne sighed, exasperated.

"Back? You mean 2018," Flitz questioned. Shayne nodded.

"Yeah. With Damien here, there's an imbalance of power," Shayne mentioned.

"Wait, so the problem is Damien? Why can't we just send him back and we can stay here," Noah wondered.

"If we stay, we're messing with time, Noah. We all have to go back or else we're changing the past and the future," Shayne explained.

"I have to agree with Shayne here, Noah. Olivia told me I have the same reaction to the elixir Damien does, then I die. What would happen if I stayed here," Joven stated. Damien turned to look at Joven.

"We have the same reaction to it," Damien questioned, walking towards Joven. The other Smoshers stepped away from Damien, scared for their life. Joven hesitated as Damien walked closer to him.

"Well, Sarah told me I never went to the ChasmClan. I tried to prove my goodness by staying here, that's what got me killed," Joven explained.

"Who would've wanted to kill you," Fltiz asked Joven.

"Spencer, Alex, and Anthony apparently," Joven told the group. Damien furrowed his eyebrows at Joven, walking even closer.

"Spencer, Alex, and Anthony," he asked Joven. Joven gulped and nodded, slowly cowering.

"Olivia said they had life sentences. When you were in jail-" Mari chirped in.

"-I knew them. They tortured me when I was in there," Damien sighed, telling his friends.

"They tortured you," Lasercorn asked. Damien sighed, nodding in response.

"Damien, I'm sorry," Boze said, slowly walking over to him. She tried to put her hand on him, but he pushed her to the ground.

"Damien," Boze said again, but Damien walked away.

"You wouldn't understand," he shouted as he left.

"Sorry about him. Damien," Shayne mentioned, running over to Damien.

"I'm sorry Shayne," Damien spoke, sitting down on a bench. Shayne sat down next to him.

"Don't be. It's not your fault that you've become this, it's the future. The whole reason we need to go back in the first place is because of the imbalance," Shayne told Damien.

"But that's my fault, the imbalance," Damien started.

"No, it's not. It's not your fault."

"Yes it is, Shayne! It is my fault! I caused the imbalance." Damien stood up and purple lightning surrounded him. The wind picked up around both of them to create a barricade.

"Damien, don't think like that! Don't blame yourself for this mess," Shayne shouted over the wind, standing up.

"Stop treating me like I'm a victim!"

"But you are!"

"But I'm not! I'm corrupted! I'm damnable!" Damien hesitated. "I'm evil, Shayne!"