³⁾ superboy & supergirl

[MIKE POV. THREE MONTHS LATER.]

I know that it can't be easy to be superboy in a messed up world these days, or a supergirl in a thankless world these days !

CHAPTER THREE.

⋆⋆⋆

"COME HERE, help me get on."

I walked over to jane with an eye roll as she reached for my shoulders with her small dainty hands. wrapping her fingers around my shoulders tight, I watched as her tongue stuck out slightly in frustration as she stared at her feet, desperately trying to place herself on the skateboard without losing her balance.

"you and max make it look so easy," she said with a chuckle as her feet finally landed symmetrically along the board.

"just practice," i said with a shrug, which caused her body to waver a little as her hands were still locked into my shoulders.

"can you hold me?"

"what?" I asked in confusion as her gaze snapped back up from her feet to my eyes.

"I mean hold me while I ride, so I won't fall off."
"oh,"
"huh," she scoffed, "what'd you think I meant? dumbass,"
I laughed a little at her comment, shaking my head with a smile stuck on my face, "well you know I'm dumb, you gotta be specific!"
she rolled her eyes and grinned slightly herself, "oh yes, of course. see, id forgotten quite a bit about your dumbassery over the past year, so thank you for reminding me."
"well, no problem."
we stared at each other in silence for a few seconds before bursting out in laughter, her hands squeezing my shoulders tighter with each giggle.

"okay, now actually help me!"
"fine, calm down!"

with her hands still secured to my shoulders, I walked slowly down the sidewalk that wrapped in a circle around the park by my house, with jane following, rolling on the board beside me. every so often jane would lose her balance, and begin wobbling, which would cause me to place my hands at the sides of her waist in caution, which would usually trigger a reaction in her in which her muscles would tense up completely and I'd have to tell her to relax.

"hey mom and dad, stop fucking around, we got slushies!" I suddenly heard dustin yell out behind us. jane laughed at this and hopped off of the board (with my help of course) and ran towards the park bench where the rest of the group had been. I grabbed my skateboard and followed her, admiring her curls bouncing behind her and the sounds of the mix of panting and giggling that escaped her lips.

as we met up with the rest of the group, I couldn't help but feel a pair of icy blue eyes glaring at me. ever since jane and I had reignited our friendship, max hadn't been talking to me much, and more so had been whispering every so often to dustin or lucas.

to say I didn't have feelings anymore for max would be a lie. she was my first girlfriend. that means something. but then again, she used me, and I couldn't forgive that.
but could I?
we were really good together. we both skated, we both like video games, we both shared the same sense of humor. we were good for each other. even if it may have been fake, we made each other happy. was that so bad?

stop it, I thought to myself, she doesn't like you that way, she never did, and you shouldn't either.

"you okay?"